Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

keepsakes

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:05 AM
  • 23 Replies
Do you have special keepsakes for your children?

What do you save and how do you store it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Most of my oldest childs things are at his dads house. Not sure if he even has any of them anymore. I had the outfit he came home in, first shoes, and other little things in a small box.

DD has a small photo box with special things from her first year. Bracelet her grandma made her and she wore as a newborn, coming home outfit, first Christmas dress, the first section of the newspaper from the day she was born, a rattle that was her favorite toy for most of the first year, and the shirt she wore at her first birthday party.

Haven't done anything for the baby so far. I'm not even sure where her hospital bracelets are lol. She doesn't have a baby book either but the first two do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Photos in fire safe box

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I have a bunch of stuff - 1st outfits, lock of hair, handprints, artwork,... most things are in large rubbermaid .

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:16 AM

I have 2 baby books and a souvenir box that contained her first PJs from the hospital, her first pair of shoes, hospital bracelet and all the cards received for her birth etc  

othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Yes, I have a box for each of them with a few baby things and some of their school stuff

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:49 AM

My oldest dd has a stuffed bunny that my mil got her when she was 2 and a baby blanket my late grandmother made her. They are still on her bed and she is 9. My youngest dd has a teddy bear that my late grandparents gave her for her first Christmas and the baby blanket that the same late grandmother made her. They are still on her bed and she is 8

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:53 PM

That is a good idea! I really need to invest in one. Then back up my photos onto my external hard drive and store it in there.

Quoting johnny4ever:

Photos in fire safe box

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww! Glad to know I'm not totally nuts for keeping a few outfits. I'm a sucker for baby clothes.

Quoting goddess99:

I have a bunch of stuff - 1st outfits, lock of hair, handprints, artwork,... most things are in large rubbermaid .

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:00 PM

That is so sweet! Homemade blankets are my favorite!

Quoting ladybugchick317:

My oldest dd has a stuffed bunny that my mil got her when she was 2 and a baby blanket my late grandmother made her. They are still on her bed and she is 9. My youngest dd has a teddy bear that my late grandparents gave her for her first Christmas and the baby blanket that the same late grandmother made her. They are still on her bed and she is 8

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:32 AM

I have a box of things from DS1 parents in a blanket box. I know he looks in it sometimes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN