Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Mommy's I Need Your Help?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have a daughter that just turned four in Jan. She has been potty trained since she was two in a half. Here recently she has been peeing on herself ( not soaked) just enough to get her panties wet. Sometimes she will tell me that she peed on herself, but it's just a dime size spot were she doesn't wipe good. I have tried everything, i just don't know nothing else.  She will be starting pre kindergarten this coming school year, and I'm scared she isn't ready. Do you guys have any idea's? Thanks in advance!!

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:26 AM

If its a drop then i would talk to her doctor about it if your concerned enough to take it to that level. I bet its normal. My daughter is 5.5 and still does it sometimes but she doesn't do it on perpous. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. I bet she will overcome it

anewlynn
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

My almost 4 year old daughter does that also.  For her it is because she tries to keep doing what she wants to do and by the time she "admits" to herself she has to go potty it has come out a little bit.  I think they will grow out of it. 

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM

buy her a box of panty liners that's what I did with mine ... my DD does that sometimes too and she's 10 - she has no blatter problems and has been potty trained since she was 2 1/2 - there is nothing physically wrong with her.  But sometimes it happens that she'll spot her underwear with urine. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Good idea!

Quoting Jinxed8:

buy her a box of panty liners that's what I did with mine ... my DD does that sometimes too and she's 10 - she has no blatter problems and has been potty trained since she was 2 1/2 - there is nothing physically wrong with her.  But sometimes it happens that she'll spot her underwear with urine. 

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Quoting Jinxed8:

Dont have a daughter but this sounds good!

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Mine freaks out if she has ONE drop of urine in her underwear ... so with a panty liner it takes care of the problem, also I bought her that box MONTHS ago and it's still 3/4 full.  Which proves to me that it's really just an occasional thing

Quoting goddess99:

Good idea!

Quoting Jinxed8:

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM

That's great, wish my dd would wear a liner sometimes.

Quoting Jinxed8:

Mine freaks out if she has ONE drop of urine in her underwear ... so with a panty liner it takes care of the problem, also I bought her that box MONTHS ago and it's still 3/4 full.  Which proves to me that it's really just an occasional thing

Quoting goddess99:

Good idea!

Quoting Jinxed8:

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I figured, she'll need to get used to the damn things within a few years anyways ....

Quoting goddess99:

That's great, wish my dd would wear a liner sometimes.

Quoting Jinxed8:

Quoting goddess99:

Good idea!

Quoting Jinxed8:

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Hope things will work out before she starts school....my youngest has gone through a couple of stages of wetting and #2 since being in school and sometimes still has accidents....hopefully it will pass or check with your drs. to make sure she does not have an infection which may make her go more....

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Sounds like you got some good advice. Hopefully you are able to find something that works! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)