Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What do you do with your childrens outgrown clothes?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you donate, store, save, sell etc.?

If you store/save how do you store them?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Replies (51-55):
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:19 AM
My SILs and I pass clothes back and forth too. So neat seeing 3-4 of the cousins wear the same outfits.

Quoting trish2tew:

We get hand-me downs from my oldest SIL for the girls, and we hand down the ones that aren't too stained to the other SILs whose girls are younger than ours. We also try to sell some of the stuff that we get a bunch of. Like last year, DD#1 had 21(!) pairs of jeans that fit her. We sold some, and then stuck 5 or 6 pairs in DD#2's tub of clothes for her to wear next year. Can't guarantee she will want to wear them though. She is such a girly girl and FAR prefers skirts over pants. We usually store the out of season/too big clothes in 20 gallon tubs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AviannasMama
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:59 AM
I try to sell them. I just signed up for a big kids consignment sale. I think they travel around. Anyways it takes place on a weekend and this will be my first time selling w them.

I usually go to Once Upon a Child but you barely get anything back and I will give them perfect condition, barely worn gap or old navy clothes and they won't take them!! It's odd.
godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I give my old clothes to my sister.

ilovecandy
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Oldest dd's gets given or.thrown away if.it's in bad condition. Ds 1 gets saved for Ds 2. I store.it.in a plastic.bin in the closet. When he's done I hand them down or toss if it's in bad condition
12yrmama
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Clothing exchange with friends and friends of friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)