Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Thank God they are okay! ETA

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:47 AM
  • 3 Replies
DS (17) & some friends went to see Divergant this evening. I did not know what time the movie was, just that it was a late one because he & one of the guys had to work until 8pm.

DS just called me all shaken up saying he had the right of way on a green arrow to turn left onto the main road & another car ran a red light & almost hit him. 3 of his friends were in the car with him. The other car was probably doing 35/40? That stretch of road is 35mph.

DS was shaken (as was everyone else) & he decided to pull over into a store lot & call me. He said no one was hurt but that he needed a minute to calm down. He still had to drop off 2 people (one person called her dad & he met them up there as we were on the phone). I told him to drop one off (his best friend) & bring the other one (his girlfriend) home & I will take her home (she just lives down the street).

My poor baby. I just want to hug him! I feel so bad that he is so shaken up. I know he is telling the truth though & was not goofing around. I am currently standing in the kitchen waiting on them to pull in. I know he will be another 5 mins but a worried Mamma doesn't rest! I had been waiting up for him anyways & must have dozed off because his call jolted me! I literally shot straight up when my phone rang

ETA The dad who came to pick up his DD did not think my DS was capable of driving home (due to being shaken up) so he called his wife. The dad drove DS's car to take the best friend home & the mom followed. Then he drove to my house & I took girlfriend home. No one said a word the entire ride. DS walked his GF up to the door & they gave each other a long hug. Then I could see her wiping tears off his face. When he got in the car he started crying saying he could hear GF's scream still. He said he should have paid more attention & that they all could have died. I told him God is always watching out for him & He kept them safe. We got home & he gave me a hug & said he loves me. I told him I love him too. Then I sent him to bed & told him if he wants to talk tomorrow we will.
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nana776
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:55 AM

I'm so glad they are all ok. I have one who just started driving and I understand your worry. (((HUGS)))

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:13 AM
How scary! Glad they are all ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Glad they are okay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)