Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

what would you do...

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 2:31 AM
  • 8 Replies
If you knew you had 20yrs left to live? I'm 33, separated from abusive dh and homeschooling 5yo ds. I've been very sick since he was a yr old and have struggled with health problems all my life. I've had 16 surgeries and having at least one more in May, prob another soon to follow. I can't have anymore kids. I've been optimistic that this upcoming surgery would cure a lot of my Illnesses.until Thursday whenI was sent to a bigger city for testing and found out I may have a genetic disorder of the connective tissues, I most likely will continue to have organ trouble and not make it past my early 50s. I don't want to scare my friend and family and maybe they'll be wrong about my condition and I will get better after surgery. But, It's on my mind and bothers me. I am financially dependent on dh who cut me off when I filed a restraining order after he threatened to kill me. I am also much too sick to hold down a job. Though I've been thankful that I can stay home and hs ds even if it's only b/c I'm sick but now I don't know what to do/feel. Just need someone to share with and get it off my chest. I'm trying to stay positive always, I'm definitely an optimist. Thoughts?
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Try not to dwell on the "time you have left". Try to think of the good things you have now like your ds.Keep a positive thought about the surgery coming up. Pray a lot & be grateful for your friends & family. I would also tell someone you love & trust the most about what the big city doctors said so you won't feel so alone & dependant. They might have good ideas to help you thru this time.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Hugs. I think we all need to be happy in today. None of us is promised a tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I agree with the ladies above me. Good Luck with your up coming surgery.

johnny4ever
Great First Day
Yesterday at 7:56 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM

group hug

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 23, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I'm sorry!

Tell people you trust, so you can get some moral support.

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 1:55 PM

apply for disability and section 8 housing, at least the stress of housing and income will not be there and then enjoy what time you have left

OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you should tell your close family and friends. They will be there for moral support. I'd apply for disability, housing help and whatever else you can. Have fun with you're ds learning together. No one can tell you how long you have left to live.

I hope this next surgery helps you a lot and is a fast recovery!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritFortress
by Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Because you're an optimist, a positive thinker, every single day of life you have will be filled with good things. I hope your upcoming surgery goes well. And I agree with celestegood that none of us is promised a tomorrow. We all need to make the best of each day. (((hugs)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)