Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

SAHM Help

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:08 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Was just wondering if anyone knew some SAHM work online that is REAL. Ive heard & seen so many scams out there. Just trying to help out with bills in my spare time. (hahah i chuckled as i wrote that. i have 3 children and one on the way i am a lil short on spare time) but i would like to help where i can so my DH isnt so overwhelmed that its just him. I know staying at home is a give and take, he drives 2 hours to work and same home, we see him for about an hour and a half then hes in bed. so its pretty much just me for everything else even paying the bills. so i know where its coming and going. with his work schedule hard for me to go out and do something part time or while the kiddos are in school cause i have a 1 year old and one on the way so getting someone to watch the 1 year old, and someone hiring me at 6 months pregnant.

by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Artist1990
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd like to know that info as well. I've read about some. One was a scheduling for a charity. For every pickup you schedule, you get paid a certain amount...though I couldn't find ip any in my area. They weren't very specific on what the actual job title was. Also, if you're crafty, you could try etsy or some other art selling site. Good luck to you. Hope you find something.

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been looking for years and have never found anything beyond a scam. If you find an answer, I would love to know!
Whoisld
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:41 PM

It's plenty of things you can do from home to generate some cash. What kind of gig are you looking for?  Let's start there. 

RoxieMG
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Whoisld:

It's plenty of things you can do from home to generate some cash. What kind of gig are you looking for?  Let's start there. 

I, too, would like to know of some real, honest, work from home opportunities.  Maybe you should start your own post to help us all out?  (I would prefer some kind of data entry....nothing where I need to be on the phone or selling of anything.)  Sounds like you know something we don't......please share!  ; )  

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:35 PM

If you spend a lot of time on CafeMom, you might want to check out Postloop.

You basically get paid to join random discussion forums (many are just starting up) and contribute to the discussion. (Very much like CafeMom, but many are not as well laid out because they are new.) The average pay is $0.10 per post, but it can be more than that. You cash out through PayPal when your account reaches 100 points which is the same as $5.

I typically check in every couple of days and do it while I'm sitting in front of the TV at night. I think in the last 6 months I've probably cashed out close to $100 (maybe $10 a week). I mean, it isn't much, but trust me, it isn't much work either.

Here's how to do it:

1. Follow the link to join.
  2. Sign up under an email address (hint: probably don't use your primary email address).
  3. Make 10 conversation posts in the "Postloop Portal." This is your "application" to be accepted to the main dashboard. You will get paid for these posts, but more importantly, these will be the posts your first "rating" will be based on. The higher your rating (from 1-5), the more points you get per post. You don't have to be obnoxious or wordy. Just make sure you have good grammar (shorthand and emoticons are totally okay), speak English, and sound natural. Cafemom is actually a good practice place. If you are normal here, they will like you there.
  4. Once you've been approved, join different discussion boards from the Dashboard page, and start earning points by posting. Most discussion boards allow up to 5 posts per day. Some allow for more. The more discussion boards you join, the more points you can earn in a day.
  5. Cash out via paypal when you reach 100 points.

If you are killing time anyway, you might as well get paid to do it. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

SeraiahH
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:01 PM
What kind of work at home opportunity would you like to do?

Quoting rdnkwskygrl:

Was just wondering if anyone knew some SAHM work online that is REAL. Ive heard & seen so many scams out there. Just trying to help out with bills in my spare time. (hahah i chuckled as i wrote that. i have 3 children and one on the way i am a lil short on spare time) but i would like to help where i can so my DH isnt so overwhelmed that its just him. I know staying at home is a give and take, he drives 2 hours to work and same home, we see him for about an hour and a half then hes in bed. so its pretty much just me for everything else even paying the bills. so i know where its coming and going. with his work schedule hard for me to go out and do something part time or while the kiddos are in school cause i have a 1 year old and one on the way so getting someone to watch the 1 year old, and someone hiring me at 6 months pregnant.

SeraiahH
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:01 PM
If you had the opportunity to have your own business would you do it?

Quoting Artist1990:

I'd like to know that info as well. I've read about some. One was a scheduling for a charity. For every pickup you schedule, you get paid a certain amount...though I couldn't find ip any in my area. They weren't very specific on what the actual job title was. Also, if you're crafty, you could try etsy or some other art selling site. Good luck to you. Hope you find something.

Artist1990
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:48 PM

WHat type of business are you talking about?

Quoting SeraiahH: If you had the opportunity to have your own business would you do it?
Quoting Artist1990:

celestegood
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Bump for more info
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamafor65roses
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Swagbucks is a website where you can earn Swagbucks. (which are basically pennies) You can earn several hundred a day. You redeem them for gift cards. I redeem mine for $5 Amazon gift cards. 

It sucks, and I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone... But there are several ways to earn these points.. and it adds up. That's all that I know online.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)