Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Septic Arthritis

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:52 AM
  • 6 Replies

Have any of your little ones had septic arthritis? Where did they get it? And did it cause any long term damage?

My son got septic arthritis in his right ankle and we are still in the healing stages. I am just scared now of the long term damage. BTW he is 5(6 tomorrow haha)

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Brett's mommy- March 26th, 2008
Brynna's mommy- December 9th, 2009
Surrobaby- Due July 16th, 2014

http://myjourneyfortheirmiracle.blogspot.com/

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Noelle40
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I honestly don't know much septic arthritis, but I am assuming it may have been inherited?

I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis about a year ago.  I know arthritis ran in my family, but all of my family on both sides are deceased now, including my parents. So I really don't know if I inherited the condition or not.

It would be interesting to research it and see if anyone in the family had septic arthritis at one point in their lives or not.

Sorry I can't help any more than that.

Noelle40
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I honestly don't know much septic arthritis, but I am assuming it may have been inherited?

I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis about a year ago.  I know arthritis ran in my family, but all of my family on both sides are deceased now, including my parents. So I really don't know if I inherited the condition or not.

It would be interesting to research it and see if anyone in the family had septic arthritis at one point in their lives or not.

Bretnasmommy
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Quoting Noelle40:

No one that I know of has ever had this. I know for sure that the aunts, uncles, grandparents, and my husband and I have no had it. And none of the close cousins. Someone distant could have but the only person I know of that has ever had it is a girl I went to school with years ago. She had it whenever she was 4..  

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Brett's mommy- March 26th, 2008
Brynna's mommy- December 9th, 2009
Surrobaby- Due July 16th, 2014

http://myjourneyfortheirmiracle.blogspot.com/

Noelle40
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Okay, well, I guess that's a good thing.  Have doctors said if this is permanent or not?

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Never heard of it.

pciarelli
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:39 AM
When my daughter was two eyes old they thought she had it because she woke up from a nap and couldn't move her hip. We went to the hospital and they found fluid on her hip and they said she got it from an ear infection. Trust me I was shocked when I heard it but they said they were going to drain the fluid an possibly give her a hip replacement. Thank god they started giving her antibiotics and it went away. They said it something rare that happens in children at the age of 2-5. My daughter now has fully recovered after a week in the hospital no surgery just fluids and antibiotics she is now four and hasn't had a problem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)