Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

The Crying.

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:15 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hi. I need advice. I'm 19 just had my first baby boy and he's two months now. Well he cries when we are changing him. Me and my Fiancé talk and sing to him but he keeps crying. Then he wants all the attention. PLUS he starting to fight his sleep at night! And I be so tired all throughout the day. What can I do??
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Is something hurting him? Is he cold? Where do you change him? Have you tried changing him on the floor?

Can you nap when he does? Do you have a wrap or a sling?

KiAsiaLove
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Nothing hurting him. He just doesn't like to be change. I change him on my bed. We don't have carpet unless in my mom room or my sister room. I try to get a nap in when he's sleeping. But it's hard for me to sleep at night. Through the day I'm tired and sleepy but at night I don't sleep till like 4 . No I don't have a wrap or sling.

Quoting Randi02:

Is something hurting him? Is he cold? Where do you change him? Have you tried changing him on the floor?

Can you nap when he does? Do you have a wrap or a sling?

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:27 PM

It's hard, for the first few months you're just like a zombie, you're so tired. I too slept when my dd napped. If he's fussy after a diaper change try a vibrating bouncy chair. Ours was a Life Saver. The second my dd was in it she was out, she loved that thing. (and so did I) !!

Good luck dear and congrats on your little one!

Scarpetta71
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:50 PM

New baby crying is difficult and can be upsetting, hopefully the changing crying is just a phase that will be sort lived for you, I don't know can you change him in front of the tv with the volume turned up. Even at a very young age mine loved the music Videos, was a slight distraction. If not try not to let it upset you and just change him as quick as you can.

Perhaps now is a good time to set into place sleep routines .. Bath, snuggle and story then put him down awake, do you have one of those mobiles to hang above the crib? 

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM

try to distract him while changing the diaper ... a rattle, a squeeky teddy bear, a mobile.  Some kids don't like it, my friend's kid would go in total hay wire mode, when being  put in the car seat ; all will eventually stop.

Nap whenever you can. 

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:29 PM

As far as the sleeping at night, start keeping him awake in the daytime so that he will be so tired at night he will sleep a little more.

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:04 PM

My daughter was born in November 16 years ago.  It was a cold November and a very cold winter.  She cried during diaper changes in the middle of the night because of the shock of going from warm and cozy to cold.  Your baby is still a newborn.  Crying is the only method of communication that he really has to let you know he is uncomfortable.  Some babies are more fussy than others too.  Do you swaddle him at night?  Swaddling was a big help for my daughter.  Google for proper swaddling techniques.  

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:10 PM

I agree with routine. Babies/kids want predictability. And in my experience, it is much easier than it seems like it will be. Though I responded to their natural cues, every day is not set by my kids, their day is set by me.

At every age, they are most fussy when we are out of our routine.

I found the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child to be full of great advice.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:01 PM

My 1st. was very fussy the early months...It took my mom, dh, and other relatives to help me through....it can be upsetting...I remember sitting and holding him and I was crying and he was crying...I was crying because I could not calm him....Some days it took my mom and dh and me taking turns walking with him....more them than me sometimes being my 1st. time around.....hopefully this phase will pass in time....do all you know to comfort him and even talk with your drs....

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:49 AM

I think some babies just don't like to be changed. Hes right at the age that he could be going through a growth spurt. My 2 month old has been a mess the last few days. Are you still swaddling him? I have noticed sometimes that really helps to calm baby down and be able to fall asleep. It does get better. But the first few months can be so rough. Especially when it is your first baby.

If you haven't already, go check out the January 2014 babies group. We are all right there with you with the total exhaustion. :) 

Join us in January 2014 Babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN