Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Someone recently told me that because I'm a stay at home mom and she has a career that I have no life experience.

I have lived in Germany, traveled Europe and lived in various states.I haven't worked in a few years,but I have had jobs and payed my own bills etc.

Do you feel like you have less life experience because you stay home?
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
mrs42
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

definitely. it's great being able to make the choice about how you want to do it (sahm or not) and noone's choice is 'better' than the other.  congrats! :)

Quoting Hrmommyhswif09: Thanks ladies!Im pregnant with our second and it just hurt a little to hear it.My husbands side of the family isn't big on the whole SAHM thing.they all have kids but choose to work and always complain when the kids are home.I on the other hand love being home with my kids,teaching them and watching them grow into awesome little people. I think our kids can actually teach us a lot about life.

TxMamma11
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

More in fact. The person who told you that is an ass.

Hrmommyhswif09
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Thanks ladies :)
Roksolana84
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Nope, I have a lot of life experience, but that's probably because I was raised in the third world country.

apriljjj
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Yes i feel the same way

rocamom
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:36 AM

I thik that person is dumb and has no life experience. :)

I was a stay at home mom for 8 years.  I go so much out of it and now I only work part time so, I'm still able to volunteer at the kids schools.  When the kids weren't in school we took them to MANY museums, parks, and day trips. Now we still take them it's just harder to schedule.

fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:47 AM

I was a SAHM for 4 yrs. until recently. And no I don't feel I have had no life experience or that I am less than a working out of the home mom. I don't think any SAHM is. I had a 30+ yr careeer as a nurse,lived in upstate NY & Delray Beach Fla.,traveled to the Bahamas & Mexico. Even if ya don't travel just living in today's world & taking care of your children IS a life experience!

amberNewman0213
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't feel I have less of a life experience but I'd much rather have a career then be at home ALL the time. Hubs is an or truck driver so I'm literally alone Monday- sat. That's why I'm going to school. I want something that's just my thing alone. Ya know?
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Not less at all! Different, like yours, but never less! :-)
rae316
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't realize having a job meant you had life experience. I thought you know, living life and doing things is what gave it to you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN