Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What kind of music.....

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:59 PM
  • 18 Replies
What kind of music do you listen to with your kids? Anything restricted?
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noelle40
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD is 11 so she pretty much has her own choice of music, but she knows what is acceptable and what isn't.  She pretty much listens to Big Time Rush, 1 Direction and some Pitbull. 

I listen to all kinds and she knows that.  That's why she rolls her eyes at me when I'm listening to 70's and 80's music.  She says it's stupid. LOL.

But like I've said before I love Michael Buble.  I love this video as it shows his humorous side as well as one of his songs i love.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel like I should probably filter better but I don't. I don't listen to trash music, but we all know that a lot of the top 40 stuff could be considered inappropriate for kids.

I just keep telling myself that my kids have no idea what Katy Perry is talking about in "I want to see your peacock..."

Noelle40
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I very much agree. I listen to very little modern music.  Has to be a really good tune for me to be interested. I only ever liked Roar by Katy Perry, other wise, I don't care much for her stuff.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally like hard rock / metal.  We rarely listen to music when DD is there.  If we do we try to keep it very "G" or "PG", more melodic songs no harsh lyrics.  In her room... she has some One Direction and Carly Rae Jepsen but all my efforts are futile because when she goes to her dad's the 6 year old there dances to "I'm sexy and I know it" and what ever other stupidities goes on in that household. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd likes the popular pop/rock stuff that's out now. I don't restrict but our radio station blocks certain words.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Rap and hip hop are not allowed in my house because I don't like it and I don't like the message it sends kids. Other than that, I go by the song/artist to determine if it is or is not appropriate. If it has excessive swearing, drug or sexual references, than I don't allow it for the kids. 

reading   playing soccer   boy n girl

Melody       Conner Wyatt and Tabitha

mamafor65roses
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, my kids can sing perfectly several songs from the 50's-60's genre. We love it. The majority of everything is appropriate, plus it's good, fun music!

rae316
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I listen to rock, metal and alternative. I don't listen to anything bad with them around, just whatever is on the local rock station I listen to.
fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

No,nothing is restricted. She listens to One Direction,Austin Mahone,5 Seconds of Summer. I don't mind cause I can't really hear much anyway. I kind of high tail it to her room to watch tv (don't have one in my room) & leave her to dance the night away. I am lucky she doesn't listen to hard core rock where they scream; LOL! at least you can hear the boys as she calls them.

angelbaby_1012
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids listen to a wide variety. I don't let them listen to anything offensive or bad since they are only 7 and 4. I am not sure what they listen to at their dads but thats there. They love country music thats what we listen to quite a bit. They like to listen to disney songs too. My daughter loves "Tale as old as TIme" from Beauty and the Beast and my son loves "Life is a Highway" from Cars.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)