Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

in one word describe your epidural

Posted by   + Show Post
I have had only natural births but am considering an epidural this time around.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
nana776
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Dangerous

Noelle40
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:45 PM

LOL. Relief.

ILovemyPaulie
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Miracle!

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:49 PM
This exactly!

Quoting Aamy: Heavenly.
sissyboogs
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM

If you've had natural births, why are you considering an epidural this time? I'm just curious. 

I had an epidural with my first, and while it did take the pain away, it made it harder for me to push. I couldn't tell when I needed to push, and it ended up taking 45 minutes to push him out. 

With my second, I attempted an epidural, but the anesthesiologist couldn't get the needle in the right spot. It was incredibly painful, and it felt like he was scraping my spine with the needle. I decided I'd rather deal with the pain of contractions than the pain of him trying to get the epidural in, so I went without. Labor was rough because I have a really low pain tolerance anyway, but I had her pushed out in one contraction. 

Having done both, if I were to have more children, I'd go without for sure. 

happymia
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:55 PM
With my first two, and the fourth, it was beautiful!! My third, it didn't kick in until he was born, so that one was disappointing!
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:10 PM

good - no problems - had it twice, the rest natural

lovinmyboys...
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Aaahhhhhhhhhh :)
Momniscient
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Awesome.
AWallewein
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Because I have experienced so much pain with the natural births that I am traumatized by doing it natural again. Also where I live now a water birth is not an option, there is no way I am doing it naturally without the water.

Quoting sissyboogs:

If you've had natural births, why are you considering an epidural this time? I'm just curious. 

I had an epidural with my first, and while it did take the pain away, it made it harder for me to push. I couldn't tell when I needed to push, and it ended up taking 45 minutes to push him out. 

With my second, I attempted an epidural, but the anesthesiologist couldn't get the needle in the right spot. It was incredibly painful, and it felt like he was scraping my spine with the needle. I decided I'd rather deal with the pain of contractions than the pain of him trying to get the epidural in, so I went without. Labor was rough because I have a really low pain tolerance anyway, but I had her pushed out in one contraction. 

Having done both, if I were to have more children, I'd go without for sure. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN