Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Simple Beauty Tips Challenge Day 2: Bright Eyes!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:21 PM
  • 130 Replies

Your eyes often tell the story of the amount of rest you got the night before. As moms, getting a good night of sleep can be difficult. Today's challenge is to give yourself bright eyes no matter how much (or how little) sleep you got the night before!

Here are some tips for brighter eyes:

• If you have dark cycles and/or bags under your eyes, try using a cold eye gel mask or even the cold packs for your kid's lunches! Keep it on your eyes for 5-10 minutes to help reduce puffiness.
  • Use a soft white eye liner and gently trace the inner corner of your eyes. Use a light shimmer eye shadow to brighten your eyes.
  • Keep your eyelashes curled with a touch of mascara to help your eyes pop and look bigger.

makeup

How many hours of sleep do you get a night? Do you struggle with dark circles or bags under your eyes? How often do you wear makeup on your eyes?

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $50 American Express gift card and Dove Beauty Bars!

Join Our Simple Beauty Tips Challenge- You Could WIN $50!

by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I get a good 8 hours at the most if I can. Yes I do have dark circles under my eyes but I have always had them. I wear make up when they look bad. lol 

huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I get about 7 hours of broken sleep. My ds still gets up at least once during the night and I get up with dh at 4:15 until around 5 when he leaves for work. Takes me til 5:30 to fall back asleep and then ds comes in between 6 and 7. If I'm lucky I can get him to sleep longer but then I deal with being kicked and his snoring. Lol
wandep
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I never wear eye makeup. I try to get at least 7-8 hrs of sleep each night.

Monsita
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:36 PM
I get 6 hours of sleep.

I use masacara and light shadow colors almost every day.

My eyes are the only part of my face, that is always well taking care of, lol
Hottmomma607
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:37 PM
I wear makeup when I go out.
I sleep 6-7hrs. drinks lots of water.
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I get an average of 6 hours asleep. I do have dark circles under eyes. I was born with them. It runs in the family.

RobynS
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:38 PM

I don't sleep well (no matter how hard I try) so I feel like I always have dark circles. But I don't like to wear makeup (other than occasional eyeliner), so I don't bother trying to cover it.

PrincessAsmommy
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:38 PM

I aim for 7-8hr/night. But still tend to have bags under my eyes from allergies and just being tired most of the time.  I use eye makeup when I do my face up for a special night out but not every day. I usually have roccoon eyes after a couple hours and just don't have the time for fussing with makeup and lash curlers.

littlemoments99
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I try to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. I don't have dark circles or bags unless I am exhausted. I never wear any makeup. I don't like how it feels and I have natural coloring so even if I did wear makeup it would have to be very light otherwise I might look like a clown!   lol.

jujubear1
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM
I get 6-8 hours of sleep. I occasionally have dark circles, who doesn't? I don't wear makeup very often.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN