Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Simple Beauty Tips Challenge Day 6: Conceal the Truth!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:52 PM
  • 103 Replies
1 mom liked this

Whether you are a mom on the go or a low maintenance lady, spending time putting on makeup may not always make your to do list. However, just a little makeup can go a long way to giving your face a fresh look and hiding the evidence of lack of sleep or aging. Today’s challenge is to apply some concealer in key areas your face every morning!

Make putting on concealer part of your daily morning routine after you brush or teeth or hair. The five key spots to dab concealer are under your eyes, the sides of your nose (next to your eyes), and the outer corners of your eyes, nostrils and mouth. Be sure to apply it in good light and to blend well!

Are you high or low maintenance? How many days a week do you skip putting on makeup?
How often do you use concealer?

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $50 American Express gift card and Dove Beauty Bars!

Join Our Simple Beauty Tips Challenge- You Could WIN $50!

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emtgirl885
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:57 PM
I am low maintenance. I do not really put makeup on. I will try the concealer in those areas to see how it looks.
huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:58 PM
I'm very low maintenance. Most days all I do is put moisturizer on.
hapababies
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM
I like buying eyeshadow and mascara, but haven't had much interest in buying foundation and concealer since I became a sahm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM

I'll try it.

AspensMama1537
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM
I am low maintenance! I rarely wear makeup.
TB78
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:00 PM
I'm low maintenance and I use makeup that has concealer and powder already in the foundation. I don't wear makeup that much only when I want to feel special or going somewhere formal.
suziejax
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:00 PM

I use it every single day! LOl I have to have it!

MizzSuzy
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:00 PM
I'm very low maintenance. I usually only put on makeup lie 3 times a week. I don't use concealer as much.
flowerfunleah
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:01 PM

I'm pretty low maintenence as far makeup is concerned and I usually only put on the bare neccessities for a day of errands or whathaveyou and that usually includes some concealer (Mac painterly pot) under the eyes and wherever I seem a blemish on my face, followed by a light brushing of Bare Minerals original concealer powder (i looove this stuff and so does my skin) and some eyeliner depending on my mood.

For special occasions, birthdays, parties, etc etc I'll go with my basic routine plus eyeshadow and a lipstain. 

But normally my days are makeup free! I spent many years loving myself for exactly what I am, had it all dashed after baby, and built it back up again! I believe wearing no makeup has really helped my self-confidence and using makeup to enhance my features rather than hide them has as well.

TurboMom81
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:02 PM
I am pretty low maitenance. Although I do apply makeup when I go to work.

I always wear concealer. My skin has a few red patches due to over sensitivity.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN