Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Simple Beauty Tips Challenge Day 7: A Brighter Smile!

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:38 PM
  • 101 Replies
1 mom liked this

Your smile is one of the first things that people notice about you. There are a number of at home tricks you can do to brighten your smile. Today's challenge is to try a natural teeth whitening method.

Here are some natural ways to whiten your teeth:

• Eat crunchy fruits and vegetables- Raw crunchy fruits and vegetables like celery, carrots, apples, and pears are naturally abrasive so they polish your teeth and remove stains from your tooth enamel.
  • At home stain remover- mix baking soda and lemon juice into a paste, put it on your toothbrush, and brush your teeth. This combination will remove surface stains and will brighten your teeth.
  • Use strawberries- crush strawberries into a pulp, put it on your toothbrush, and brush your teeth. Let it sit for 5 minutes before you rinse your mouth with water.

smile

How often do you go to the dentist? Do you have any teeth whitening tricks? Have you ever tried a natural method?

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $50 American Express gift card and Dove Beauty Bars!

Join Our Simple Beauty Tips Challenge- You Could WIN $50!

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
I just don't understand why some people choose to live in filth.
Yesterday at 9:27 AM
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:42 PM
I love love love my smile (and I love to smile).

I go every six months to the dentist to keep my teeth looking and feeling good. And I use strawberries all the time to keep them white. I haven't used a mass-produced teeth-whitening product in years since I heard about the strawberry tip.
huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:52 PM
I've never heard the strawberry trick before. I'll have to try it
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I will have to try those. Thanks

mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a secret with my teeth. :( Not sure if I am ready to say it in a big public post. Scared that I would be bashed. 

MizzSuzy
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:52 PM
I go twice a year to the dentist. I use strawberries, I eat them all the time and Apple's.
chicken13
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I go every 6 months for cleaning.  

Never heard the strawberry trick, huh...gonna have to try that.

sarah824
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:54 PM

I don't go to the dentist as often as I should and I do not try to whiten my teeth either. I brush regularly and use mouth wash, but that's about it. I floss a few times a week too.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:55 PM

I want to know..

Quoting mama2b100808:

I have a secret with my teeth. :( Not sure if I am ready to say it in a big public post. Scared that I would be bashed. 

Hottmomma607
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Every 6 months, I use baking soda to whiten my teeth!
flowerfunleah
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:55 PM

I do not go to the dentist but we do do oil pulling at home! We brush. I have a pretty large phobia of the dentist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)