Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I want to open a savings account!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:59 AM
  • 9 Replies
Is Chase a good place to open account! I want to start saving money and plus have some money hidden from my husband. So just in case anything happen I can go to my savings! :)
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I don't have Chase. I have regular and savings account thru Bank of America.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Maybe a local credit union.

Aamy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Chasw is fine, but i dont believe in hiding money away from your spouse> But the bank its self is fine. We have them. 

KiAsiaLove
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not like I'm being sneaky. I'm being SMART! He doesn't believe in banks! But I do! We need to start saving. So when he gives me my allowance to go do whatever I need to go do with it. I always put some money on the side. Just in case of a emergency! I learn that from my great grandmotha.

Quoting Aamy:

Chasw is fine, but i dont believe in hiding money away from your spouse> But the bank its self is fine. We have them. 

Aamy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Quoting KiAsiaLove: It's not like I'm being sneaky. I'm being SMART! He doesn't believe in banks! But I do! We need to start saving. So when he gives me my allowance to go do whatever I need to go do with it. I always put some money on the side. Just in case of a emergency! I learn that from my great grandmotha.
Quoting Aamy:

It is sneaky. And not smart. But your life what ever. I dont need nor do i get an allowance, I have a debit card to our bank account just like he does. I agree with a savings for emergencies, yes. That is always a good plan. 

virginiamama71
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Nothing wrong with having your own personal savings.

I am with a credit union.

Quoting KiAsiaLove: It's not like I'm being sneaky. I'm being SMART! He doesn't believe in banks! But I do! We need to start saving. So when he gives me my allowance to go do whatever I need to go do with it. I always put some money on the side. Just in case of a emergency! I learn that from my great grandmotha.
Quoting Aamy:

EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:16 PM

To save any bank is probably ok.  And a credit union is a good option.  But if you're saving to get away from your husband perhaps counseling is in order as well.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I would look into a local credit union. 

KiAsiaLove
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:17 PM
All you ladies have your own opinion! Which is funny! Technically y'all don't do my situation. But I do believe when he comes home from work and gives me money just to go shopping and whatever .. I always put some money to the side. ANYTHING can happen. I have a two month year old son. And a little sister and brother and a sick mother. Plus my granny. Sometimes stuff come out of no where and they come and ask ME for some money. Sometimes I don't like asking babe to give me money from his wallet for my family! He doesn't mind at all. But I know he likes to buy me the finer things: soooooo I don't need counseling. Thank You! I'm being WISE!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN