Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Why do SAHM's dread breaks and summer vacation? **edit added**

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:10 PM
  • 258 Replies
12 moms liked this

I have already seen some Mom's complaining about how school will be out in two months and how they're dreading the kids being home. WHY? I look at summer as time with my ds as more time together and  fun things to do. I work full time so I don't get a lot of fun time with him, but even when I did stay home, I enjoyed every minute he was with me. I made the most of it and did what we could to keep busy. Why do SAHM's dread it so much?? I understand it breaks your normal routine cause you have less alone or free time since they're not in school. But what's so bad??

***Edit*** For those of you saying why I asked why ALL stay at home Mom's dread vacation, it does NOT say that. The first line says SOME. And I based this on some Facebook posts I have seen about women complaining about their kids being home on break and already dreading that summer will be here shortly. And from the responses, it seems MOST SAHM's are happy to have their kids home. And those that have some anxiety are mostly because they have multiple children who begin to fight and get on each other's nerves, which is TOTALLY understandable. I have one child so I don't experience that. I like the breaks because it means no homework, no crazy mornings getting ready for school, no preparing lunces before I go to work. I like the laid back schedule and the idea that instead of dinner, homework and bed after work, we can go fishing or to the beach and grill outdoors because there's no rush to get to bed and prep for school the next day.

Thanks for all your replies!!

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reche1978
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I like my kids being home and enjoying the weather with them it doesnt bother me

PrincessAsmommy
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:20 PM
2 moms liked this

The only part I don't appreciate is the increase in the volume and mess LOL

Our kids are pretty independant little people and if it's nice out are outside as much as possible. Their breaks do make me appreciate school days more but I don't dread their breaks ... much wink mini

mcginnisc
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I don't for the most part... the bickering gets to me at times, but other than that I love being with my girls. We go to Fl for the summer to my mom and my inlaws since they live down the street from each other. We have a blast. We'll be homeschooling in the fall, so they'll be with me all the time again, which will be a big adjustment since I'm used to them being at school all day. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:32 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm a SAHM and I can't wait for summer break.  School interferes with my time with DD.   DD was snowed in with us making this a 4day weekend and I think I was more excited than she was. lol  I look forward to any day DD and DH have off. 

ABookWorm
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a sahm and I live for breaks, holidays and long weekends. Love them.
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:42 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm a sahm, I LOVE spring break and summer vacation. I love being with my dd. 

Mom2Kyle03
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh yay ladies! Mom's who enjoy their kids! So it's not everyone out there afterall lol! I just know I cherish my time with DS and an amazed that all women don't. Maybe it's cause he's adopted and I wasn't able to have children of my own, so he means so much more to me...

Sandiekd21
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:14 PM

I like that they can go to bed later, and then I get an extra hour or so to sleep in (DH usually stays up with them at night).

Sometimes I'm actually tempted to keep them out of school for a day, just so I can get a few more minutes shut-eye, but I feel guilty and end up waking them up on time...

My complaint is that they are always HERE on breaks!
I love my kids. But I can only play so many games of Disney Princess Candyland or so many rounds of Mario Cart before I'm bored out of my mind!

CMay2CK
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:17 PM
I'm a SAHM. Spring Break is next week, can't wait! I haven't been feeling well lately and let me tell you, I will be seriously peeved if it flows over in to next week!! I have some fun stuff planned, both at home and about.
2babymomma
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I love summer break and snow days more than the kids do I think
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)