Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

GET OUTTA MY BED!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 6:41 AM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know I'm not the only one who goes to bed at night with NO kids in their bed only to wake up with a bed full 'o' kids. I used to love it because I love to cuddle with them but lately it kind of annoys me.. I mean, waking up with an elbow in your neck is not the ideal way to start your day. My husband wants to lock the door at night but I won't let him because I want them to be able to get to me when they need me. BUT all they do is climb in the bed and make themselves at home. I have a king bed and when I wake up, my husband is on one side of the bed and I'm on the other. I know it probably sounds horrible.. Am I alone or do any other mom's have the same problem? What did it take for you to get your kids to stay in their own beds?

ProudMom8643

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

We started just making them get back in their beds. Only took a couple of weeks and it broke them from it. Now the only time they sleep with us is when they are running a fever so that we can keep an eye on them.

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

DD does this every night.  Honestly, I kind of like it. :)  I like knowing she's safe cuddled up next to us.  DH on the other hand doesn't like it as much but he's a bed hog. 

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I put a lock on my bedroom door.  If DD needs me she knocks or she calls for me. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

When my youngest would get to sleep, I would tip and put her back in her bed again...

luvbugs3
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I DO.

Just last night, even my oldest DD came waltzing in.. we already had 4 people and 2 cats on the bed, I told her there was no room, and then carried them all back to their own beds.  I can't sleep like that, an neither can DH.  Usually it is just my DS who ends up in there but I have been working on that one.

rhymia
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

We never allowed kids to come to us at night, we always immediately went to them if they needed us. The only time I co-slept was when they were infants and I nursed, and then they were in a PNP next to the bed. 

I love my kids, but mama needs her sleep. 

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My 7 yr old DD kicked me out of my king bed. I sleep on the couch sometimes

EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It's fine once in a while say if they wake you in the morning.  But if you don't like it tell them no and mean it.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:34 PM
2 moms liked this

My 3 year old has been ending up in my bed every single night lately. I don't know what is going on. It makes me a little crazy. I don't understand how one tiny person can take up so much space! I'm trying to break her of it. When SO gets home around 6am then she wakes up & is up for the day. She needs more sleep than that for my sanity! lol

MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

The only time I allow kids in my bed is if they're sick.  Other than that they get moved to their own beds.  Now they know they'll just get moved back if they try.  I don't like sharing. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN