Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does It Pay to Try to Be Patient or Understanding On Here?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:09 AM
  • 23 Replies

I don't get it and hoping someone can help me out.  Maybe it is me, it just has to be.

I was up late last night due to health reasons and created a post. Oh,holy man all at once I am being tossed the F word and told that if I did x,y or z I deserve everything I have coming to me.  I'm sorry, but I am not one for using such words and making such nasty statements to others on here.  I try to be as nice as possible whether I agree or disagree to something.

So now I've decided to avoid creating any posts for a while. I may answer some if I choose to do so and chose to let others know this.'

Whoa, wow, now I am being told that I am a big ol cry baby, that I am just stirring the pot so to speak. On and on.

I apologize if I've created problems. That was not my intentions. I am just trying to avoid that scene all together. 

Just please understand I am looking out for myself and not wanting to hurt others by using such harsh words into something I thought was an innocent post.

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:12 AM

I do not post in certain groups because I know the replies that are given.You wont get that here in this group!!!

Noelle40
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks. I am just stunned. I never expected this in Cafemom for as long as I've been a member.

But I guess it's like the old saying goes, "Ignorance is bliss."

nana776
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Hmmm, I wonder what group that could have been? Lol

There are a couple of groups that I learned quickly to avoid, especially late at night. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

I think it pays to be nice. I believe what goes around, comes around. 

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:36 AM

I know there are some on here that live to bash people. I had one on a post where I was asking for advice on my sd that dh should be doing everything and bm should not have to do anything basically and that I was just trying to control the situation and take things from my sd and such when had they read the post was not the case at all. They feel so bad about their lives that they bash us to make themselves feel better instead of bettering their situations.

Quoting johnny4ever:

I do not post in certain groups because I know the replies that are given.You wont get that here in this group!!!

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:46 AM

all depends what group you post in ...

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

You will NEVER find that in this group. It does pay to be nice and patient. The moms in this group are awesome and friendly. We talk about anything and everything here without judgement.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Not really, well it might depend on the group. For some reason sitting behind a keyboard makes some of these women feel like it's okay to be nasty.
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Sorry this happened...

tararod77
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:19 AM

There are a lot of CRAZY moms on here. Sometimes I wonder if they are even legit, as some of their replies to things are ridiculous and extremely mean. What kind of kids are they raising?? But on the flip side, there are a lot of WONDERFUL moms on here.

Sorry that happened to you!I deleted a couple groups for that reason.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I just allow stuff to roll of my back, avoid people or ignore them if they are trying to be confrontational. I don't create post either and the ones I did create were only in certain groups where I saw a certain maturity level. Even when I respond to posts which is what I mainly do I make sure I word my words carefully as to not take offense to anyone.

Truthfully with a site like this you have to have very tough skin because you are dealing with people from all different walks of life who may not believe, act, or even talk like you do. Some people are just very miserable and get off at making other people feel that way and may have a different agenda on why they are on here.

I don't know what post you made or what it was about but sorry you had to go through that but you have not been the first and sure you will not be the last. Don't allow a few to keep you from the many of wonderful ladies that are on here because they are on here.

Hope you feel better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)