Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Guess Thanks In the End

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:53 AM
  • 4 Replies

I just wanted to say thanks in the end I suppose.

I was pretty shaken up by harsh comments made to me in another group, not this one, over my recent novel I've been working on as a hobby. I was told by a member in very explicit F word terms that basically my story line was stupid.  That if I ever attempt to try at publishing it I would be laughed at by publishers and that I deserve to be laughed at for it being so stupid.

Being sick with a really bad sinus infection didn't help the situation at the time. I am not one for using the F word no matter what, so such a harsh comment took me by complete surprise.

But I guess in the end I kind of owe them a thank you. Since having time to calm down I've decided it's time I place my focus back into my novel. Kind of steer clear of CM for a while, again. 

I thank you ladies for your kindness, but such bashing is something I don't appreciate,as I take my writing very seriously. I hope to be published some day.  It reminds me of Whoopie Goldberg from one of my favorite movies, Sister Act II, when she talks about a book she read by an author who constantly hears from someone wanting to be published and sending them a copy of their manuscript asking if they can be a writer. His comment was, if all you can think about when you get up in the morning is writing then you're a writer. That's me! I've always been that way and I guess can't change now.

I thank you all for your kindness, but it's time I focus on my writing again. Whether I get published or not.  I may be on and off just to check out some posts, but not as much as I have been lately.

Thanks again.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
johnny4ever
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Good Luck.You wont find that negativity here in this group.

EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM

I'd ignore people who cannot give constructive criticism.  If all they can do is use the F word then they don't hold the best knowledge of the English language anyway.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Good Luck!!!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Don't let ignorant people chase you away. We would love for you to stay here with us. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)