Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Taking Baby to a Movie.

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM
  • 27 Replies

Yep, pretty sure I have lost my mind even considering it lol.

She is 12 weeks old. Shes a pretty quiet and content baby. She hardly ever cries. We have passes for the free pre-screening of Rio 2 tomorrow. If we did go I could wear her in the Moby & she would most likely spend the majority of the time either nursing or sleeping. I would sit on the very end seat in a row by the door so I could get up quickly if she did get fussy. There are plenty of things/places around and in the movie theater that I could take her to. Then my older kiddos & SO could stay and watch the movie. 

Has anyone taken a little one to a movie before? Would you be offended if you saw someone with a baby at the theater? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baby7810
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM

i take my baby with as long as i knew she was gonna sleep or nurse. mine was about 4m old when i decided it wasnt gonna work anymore to bring her cause she was awake and wanting to talk. LOL

so since you know your baby best its up to you :)

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM

haha that would be my luck she would decide to start jabbering. At least its a kids movie so I'm sure it won't exactly be quiet anyways. :) 

Quoting baby7810:

i take my baby with as long as i knew she was gonna sleep or nurse. mine was about 4m old when i decided it wasnt gonna work anymore to bring her cause she was awake and wanting to talk. LOL

so since you know your baby best its up to you :)

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I'm only offended when the baby cries and cries and the parent doesn't leave. So yeah go for it. Report back and tell us how the movie was!

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I just thought of the first time I took my son..He was 4.After the movie they have arcade and indoor riding stuff.Anyways there was a fire alarm close to the fire engine my son was riding and.....YEP!You guessed it he touched it!!!embarrassed

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:02 PM

OMG lol

Quoting johnny4ever:

I just thought of the first time I took my son..He was 4.After the movie they have arcade and indoor riding stuff.Anyways there was a fire alarm close to the fire engine my son was riding and.....YEP!You guessed it he touched it!!!embarrassed

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I apologized and was mortified...I even called the Manager to apologize.She said it happens more times than you think!

Quoting goddess99:

OMG lol

Quoting johnny4ever:

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:06 PM

It's nice she was understanding.

Quoting johnny4ever:

I apologized and was mortified...I even called the Manager to apologize.She said it happens more times than you think!

Quoting goddess99:

OMG lol

Quoting johnny4ever:

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Oh no! lol

Quoting johnny4ever:

DeeMD82
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:44 PM

We took dd to the movies frequently until she started staying up longer.  We took her to see Planes and she ran around the theatre but we were the only people except a lady and her son and she didn't mind because he was also running aroud a couple of aisles. That's when we decided to stop taking her actually.  We then decided to take her to see Frozen anyway though and she stayed still the whole time but we aren't going to take her to the movies anymore until she is older.  She is two now.  I would like to go to the movies and see something besides just kid friendly movies.  When my sister picked her up a couple of weeks ago to spend the night we went and saw 300 : Rise of an Empire.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Littles like that are great at the movies. It's when they get mobile and toddler aged that its hard to take them to the movies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)