Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

mom's up north! I have a question?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:09 PM
  • 81 Replies

Mobile Photo

Do u drink sweet tea at all? (I live in TN and have only been up north once with hubs in his mac truck.) We go threw about a gallon a day. And it's what we primarily drink. Do you do pig pickins? Boiled peanuts? Etc?

This a a pig pickin u like cook a pig on a grill till the meat gets tender and then u pick it out the pig.
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
I love sweet tea but I don't drink a lot if it. The sugar content is terrible. The rest I have never heard of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinners.mama
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:33 PM
No, we just drink water in our house. My husband has tea when we go to dinner sometimes.
squeekers
“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”— Richard David Bach (born 1936) Writer
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:34 PM

I'm from California and if I drink sweet tea it's Brisk or from McDonalds. My family can go through a gallon of sun tea in a week though. I am not sure I know what pig pickins is. And as for boiled peanuts, sorry. I like honey roasted peanuts.

amberNewman0213
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Boiled peanuts! Oh they are so good. As far as a pig pickin it where u cut open a pig and cook it on a giant grill and when it's done it will be tender like a roast and u just pick it out the pig. It soon Okolona delish. We do it every thanksgiving.

Quoting waytomanykids10: I love sweet tea but I don't drink a lot if it. The sugar content is terrible. The rest I have never heard of.
Mazie0723
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Yes but we call it Sun tea. I also like it better unsweetened.
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:27 PM

No sweet tea when I was growing up in Washington state, and no, no pig pickens.

Bonnie_
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Well  I'm  not  from  NY  but  I have  been  up  here  for 6  years  now  and saving  to move  back to Louisiana. yes  we  drink sweet tea  and they  even  serve  it  in restaurants lol!  I have  never  heard  of a pig  pull though.  It  sounds yummy!     I  want  to go  back  to my  crawfish and gumbo!!!

myloveismyfaith
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:45 AM
I'm from upstate NY and I love sweet tea but it's usually from McDonalds or like Arizona or brisk brand. As for boiled peanuts and pig picking, never had them. Although I love the candied peanuts and almonds and what not they have at the festivals around here.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:37 AM

I live in Ohio and love Sweet Tea!

Megan11587
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:41 AM

I'm in Maryland - by no means north nor south.  Generally speaking, iced tea is unsweetened here, unless you go to McDonalds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN