Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

mom's up north! I have a question?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:09 PM
  • 81 Replies

Mobile Photo

Do u drink sweet tea at all? (I live in TN and have only been up north once with hubs in his mac truck.) We go threw about a gallon a day. And it's what we primarily drink. Do you do pig pickins? Boiled peanuts? Etc?

This a a pig pickin u like cook a pig on a grill till the meat gets tender and then u pick it out the pig.
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
waytomanykids10
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
I love sweet tea but I don't drink a lot if it. The sugar content is terrible. The rest I have never heard of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinners.mama
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:33 PM
No, we just drink water in our house. My husband has tea when we go to dinner sometimes.
squeekers
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:34 PM

I'm from California and if I drink sweet tea it's Brisk or from McDonalds. My family can go through a gallon of sun tea in a week though. I am not sure I know what pig pickins is. And as for boiled peanuts, sorry. I like honey roasted peanuts.

amberNewman0213
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Boiled peanuts! Oh they are so good. As far as a pig pickin it where u cut open a pig and cook it on a giant grill and when it's done it will be tender like a roast and u just pick it out the pig. It soon Okolona delish. We do it every thanksgiving.

Quoting waytomanykids10: I love sweet tea but I don't drink a lot if it. The sugar content is terrible. The rest I have never heard of.
Mazie0723
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Yes but we call it Sun tea. I also like it better unsweetened.
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:27 PM

No sweet tea when I was growing up in Washington state, and no, no pig pickens.

Bonnie_
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Well  I'm  not  from  NY  but  I have  been  up  here  for 6  years  now  and saving  to move  back to Louisiana. yes  we  drink sweet tea  and they  even  serve  it  in restaurants lol!  I have  never  heard  of a pig  pull though.  It  sounds yummy!     I  want  to go  back  to my  crawfish and gumbo!!!

myloveismyfaith
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:45 AM
I'm from upstate NY and I love sweet tea but it's usually from McDonalds or like Arizona or brisk brand. As for boiled peanuts and pig picking, never had them. Although I love the candied peanuts and almonds and what not they have at the festivals around here.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:37 AM

I live in Ohio and love Sweet Tea!

Megan11587
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:41 AM

I'm in Maryland - by no means north nor south.  Generally speaking, iced tea is unsweetened here, unless you go to McDonalds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)