Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Bed & Breakfast

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM
  • 13 Replies

Have you ever stayed at one?

by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StreetsAhead
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Yep many a time

KLove_Mom
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Yes, when it's just me and dh, we love it. Just do your research and look for reviews on the ones your looking at, so you'll know what to expect. Some of them go very gourmet for breakfast, and if you don't like that you may end up at McDonald's anyway. Some go basic.

Some have special gathering times to meet the hosts and other guests, but most will respect your wishes if you just want to seclude yourselves.

Remember that it is not a hotel. It is someone who has opened their home to guests. In my experience they are usually fascinating people if you get to know them.

One of our favorites also had a rule about not having any food in the rooms... so check out that based on your plans.

Decemberlov
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:47 AM
yes, we have one in particular we absolutely love!
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Nope

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Yep, I've stayed a few over the years.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Is it pricey?

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:50 PM

no, I have always wanted to though. 

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:13 AM

A couple of times but I wasn't impressed....it was 108 degrees though so that had a lot to do with it.When it's that hot I need AC and a pool! LOL

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:59 AM

yes a few times.Usually if we stay in the city a bed and breakfast is where we stay.

SamMom912
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I have a few times when a bigger Inn or Hotel was not available. Im not a huge fan as I dont like small talk, eating with strangers, and the pseudoi-intimacy of the public areas of the B&B... A few Ive been to do not have Tvs in rooms or phones. (and before cell phones that was a big deal.. how can you make a dinner reservation?!) .. and have even heard horror stories of friends staying in one that had a shared bathroom?! Ugh, NO thanks...
I prefer an Inn, which has more rooms, more privacy and more annonimity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)