Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Give me some book recommendations!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:31 PM
  • 48 Replies

I have been dying to start reading again. I haven't read anything since last summer I think. Preferably not something that is super slow to start. 

So, give me some recommendations. Even better if you tell me what its about in a sentence or two. Then I don't have to google each one! lol

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:39 PM
What do you like?

Here are a few of my favorites:

"Devils Bride" and "Scandals Bride" both are historical romance and connected to each other.

"The Stand"- not actually horror, really good. Read the original version first the uncut one gets a little long winded and I would only recommend it if you're a big Stephen King fan.

"The Gunslinger" it's a series of books that is awesome! Again Stephen King and not horror.

"Twilight" well, you know. Lol.

"Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell"- it's like Harry Potter for adults.

"Hunger Games" better than the movie and not nearly as bloody as you'd think.

Bonnie_
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 3:44 AM

What type of books do  you like to read?  Do  you  have any  kind of Ereader?

celestegood
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 6:27 AM
I'm with everyone else. Do you like horror, suspense, romance, historical fiction, nonfiction, etc? I am into suspense, horror, and some similar books. I love Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and many other similar authors.
I'm reading a bunch of series books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 8, 2014 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I am on book #3 of Daughters of Lancaster County The Bishops Daughter

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Hope you find something....I don't really read that often to recommend anything to you....

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Honestly, I tend to read all sorts of stuff. I really like mystery books.

Quoting MumsTheWord571: What do you like? Here are a few of my favorites: "Devils Bride" and "Scandals Bride" both are historical romance and connected to each other. "The Stand"- not actually horror, really good. Read the original version first the uncut one gets a little long winded and I would only recommend it if you're a big Stephen King fan. "The Gunslinger" it's a series of books that is awesome! Again Stephen King and not horror. "Twilight" well, you know. Lol. "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell"- it's like Harry Potter for adults. "Hunger Games" better than the movie and not nearly as bloody as you'd think.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:10 PM

I read a little of everything. I think mysteries are my favorite though. The only thing I wouldn't read is horror & I am not big on romance. Though romance mixed in with mystery is good. 

Quoting Bonnie_:

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Sorry, should have added that in the OP. My brain is going a million miles a minute lol. 

I like suspense but not so much horror. Some romance is ok but romance novels in general are not an interest to me. Though romantic-comedy type books I have read a few times & enjoyed. 

I really liked the Harper Connelly Mysteries & the Lily Bard series that Charlaine Harris wrote. I have loved just about ever book Sydney Shelton has written. I am trying to think of some more.. 

Quoting celestegood: I'm with everyone else. Do you like horror, suspense, romance, historical fiction, nonfiction, etc? I am into suspense, horror, and some similar books. I love Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and many other similar authors. I'm reading a bunch of series books.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:53 PM
I'm reading "Dying Dreams: The Secrets of Paula Sims" by Audrey Becker
In 1986, Paula Sims' first child Loralei Marie Sims was reported stolen within two weeks of her birth and later found dead in the woods. It was dismissed as a tragedy, a freak event. But when, three years later, a second daughter Heather Lee Sims was also stolen and then found dead, the reality was all too apparent. For the first time, this woman convicted of murder tells her never-before-revealed story to Audrey Becker.

It's a true crime story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bonnie_
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Quoting splatz:

I read a little of everything. I think mysteries are my favorite though. The only thing I wouldn't read is horror & I am not big on romance. Though romance mixed in with mystery is good. 

Quoting Bonnie_:

Do  you  have any  type of Ereader?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)