Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Give me some book recommendations!

Posted by   + Show Post

I have been dying to start reading again. I haven't read anything since last summer I think. Preferably not something that is super slow to start. 

So, give me some recommendations. Even better if you tell me what its about in a sentence or two. Then I don't have to google each one! lol

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Replies (41-48):
Britty1987
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 4:10 AM
Runaway Amish Girl by Emma Gingerich. Hot off the press! She is my cousin-in-law :)
happynewyorker
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I'm not sure how old your son is, but I will recommend these books.  It's a series and the last book according to the author comes out at the end of September 2014.  I read them out of order and they are very enjoyable.  I donated to my daughter's 5th grade class.

Cryptid Hunters (book 1);  Tentacles (book 2); and Chupacabra (book 3).  They are written by Roland Smith. The story is about Marty and Grace they find out that they are not brother and sister but cousins.  they live with their uncle while they the uncle searches for Marty's parents that were lost in the jungle.  It's a great enjoyable book.

Peter Nimble is about a boy that is blind and learns to become a great thief. He goes on an adventure.  I'm still reading it, since I only read it going and come home from work.  It's receive good reviews on Amazon.  The book is about 400 pages.

Quoting splatz:

Peter Nimble does sound like an interesting one. I may just have to add that to my list to read with my son. 

Quoting happynewyorker:

I enjoy children's books and have read

Peter Nible and his fantastic eyes; Roland Smith books

Adult books

Suze Orman books

Beverly connor Diane Fallon books - It's a series of books.  Diane Fallon is a forensic investigator.  I enjoy reading these books.  I am Diane Fallon in these books.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:41 PM

I am reading a book right now called The Necromancer by Pamela Richter. It's pretty good. It's about a woman who lives in Hawaii and a mystery man who moved into her building and all sorts of weird stuff that starts happening once he moves in. 

mamasloves
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:26 AM

the stephanie plum series by janet evanovich. its about a female bounty hunter who wors for her cousin and gets in all kinds of messes . nicholas sparks always has good books too.

3xangel
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:58 AM
I live book posts!

I seriously you read EVERY book by Julie Kagawa, especially the blood of Eden series (dystopian & new take on the vampire genre).

I'm currently reading splintered & unhinged by A. G Howard (dark alive in wonderland continuation/twist)

The Divergent trilogy is supposed to be good.

I'll come back when I remember more
gcstar42
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Maybe something by James Patterson like the women's murder club series or the alex cross series?

Quoting splatz:

Sorry, should have added that in the OP. My brain is going a million miles a minute lol. 

I like suspense but not so much horror. Some romance is ok but romance novels in general are not an interest to me. Though romantic-comedy type books I have read a few times & enjoyed. 

I really liked the Harper Connelly Mysteries & the Lily Bard series that Charlaine Harris wrote. I have loved just about ever book Sydney Shelton has written. I am trying to think of some more.. 

Quoting celestegood: I'm with everyone else. Do you like horror, suspense, romance, historical fiction, nonfiction, etc? I am into suspense, horror, and some similar books. I love Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and many other similar authors.
I'm reading a bunch of series books.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM

last book I read and loved was The Grievers by Marc Schuster. My other 2 current favorites are The History of Love by Nicole Krauss (which is not what you would think) and Ocean at the end of the lane by Neil Gaiman.. both goodies unless your into nonfiction... let me know I have a list of those as well. Have yoou ever tried goodreads. you put in the books you have read and it can reccomend books for you based on that! pretty awesome. I am hooked. I have already read about 44books this year (helps you keep track by setting goals).

LoveLife800
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:17 AM

I like just going to the library; you'll find tons of cool ideas :)

Brandi Glanville's books crack me up; I couldnt put down her first one. Lots of juicy stuff but if you like other stuff; maybe just go browse around the library...I always find so much education and also fun reads!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN