Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Healthy weight

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 2:44 PM
  • 21 Replies
Is having a healthy weight something that comes easily for you or something you work at?

I personally have always had to work at it, DH not so much. What's interesting though is that my numbers(sugar, cholesterol, etc) are better even though I'm over weight because I eat better, but he's working on it, like I'm working on getting the weight off.
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 10:46 PM

I definitely have to work at it! I just lost over 100 lbs. I changed my way of eating for life.

nikkilm_17
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to work for it as well! Especially after having my son. *sigh* I found and awesome program and stuck with it and lost all my baby weight I gained and I wouldnt ever go back! 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I have to work hard at it.

othermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Have to work hard at it

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I don't have to work at it but I by no means am fit.  I think the "healthy weight" concept is only good in theory because if one isn't active and doesn't eat right the weight is just a number and not an indicator of health.  Honestly I don't remember a day that I can say I felt incredible.  I'm always tired, feel ick or in pain.  Not necessarily sick but not healthy either. :(

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:51 PM

It was always easy for me until I got pregnant 12 years ago, now it's a battle.

Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG..This is the hardest thing for me.. Its very easy If I become consistent but unfortunately I am not.. Go well for three to four days, then fall right off. Uuuuugh.. I need to get motivated and I do, everytime I go to the store, lol.. Anyone looking for walking buddy or diet buddy, pm me.. Love to start.. I may be motivated if I have someone else doing the same.. :) Looking to lose between 10-20 lbs.. One lb even and I will be motivated.. :)

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Congratulations! That's incredible. I have also changed my way of eating for life and making changes more as time goes on.

Quoting Janet:

I definitely have to work at it! I just lost over 100 lbs. I changed my way of eating for life.

Esmrlda
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

A life long struggle.  But I am down 10 lbs!

jenn_alm
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:33 AM

How did you loose it???

Quoting nikkilm_17:

I have to work for it as well! Especially after having my son. *sigh* I found and awesome program and stuck with it and lost all my baby weight I gained and I wouldnt ever go back! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)