Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Hanging laundry on clothesline!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:12 AM
  • 71 Replies

Do you do it?

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:12 AM

I am hanging sheets up today!

Larisa72
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Yes, when the weather is nice (sun out, temps above 50 degrees) I hang out our laundry - have been asked by family members NOT to hang underwear outside, so I usually hang that in the garage with the door open :-)  Cuts back on electricity usage and clothes are so nice when they come off the line - I do use an unscented fabric softener in the wash when I line-dry though because without it, things get stiff

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Quoting Larisa72:

Yes, when the weather is nice (sun out, temps above 50 degrees) I hang out our laundry - have been asked by family members NOT to hang underwear outside, so I usually hang that in the garage with the door open :-)  Cuts back on electricity usage and clothes are so nice when they come off the line - I do use an unscented fabric softener in the wash when I line-dry though because without it, things get stiff

I use unscented also!I am hanging sheets & blankets & curtains today.

sjenkins8208
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:18 AM
We used to! I would love too now but the backyard is claimed by our dog and I'm not hanging my undies in the front for all to see ;) when we move I'll be sure to make a spot haha
Senile-felines
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Yes I do
northernmommy
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:20 AM

my dryer doesn't work anymore so in the winter i string a clothes line through the house and in the summer i use  the clothes line outside

nana776
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't right now because I live in an apartment, but when I get in my house I will again, I usually even make an area in the basement to hang them in the winter. It's a great way to cut back on the utility bills. Some things, like jeans and towels, I will throw in the dryer for a few minutes to soften them up after they are dry.

MaineMammax2
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:26 AM

I do, I do!!!!! I love hanging laundry out! I walked through the 2 feet of snow left yesterday to get to my clothesline. It was 50 degrees, sunny and a nice breeze i can't wait around for that snow to melt. Today will be the same so ah trudging I will go to hang them out.

suetoo
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Yes, just sheets and towels, tho.

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:39 AM

only the camping stuff but everyday clothes no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)