Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you have siblings?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM
  • 32 Replies

Well today is...

April 10, 2014 is

National Siblings Day

It’s National Siblings Day! Today is a great opportunity to celebrate all of your siblings, and the other fantastic people in our lives who have acted as siblings over the years. Send a free eCard today to let your siblings know how much you care about them!

Siblings Day has been recognized as an annual event for thousands of years in other nations, including Northern India and several South Asian countries. In the United States, National Sibling Day became an official holiday in 2008 from the efforts of the Siblings Day Foundation. Claudia Evart, founder of the foundation, created the holiday after both of her siblings passed away early in life. Today the foundation hopes to grow National Siblings Day as large as Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, as all of these people are very important in our lives!

A sibling’s relationship is usually the longest relationship in a person’s life. Tell your siblings how much they mean to you today, and show how much you appreciate them. Send a loving gift, flowers, a gift card, or invite them over for dinner to remind your siblings how important they are to you. Happy National Siblings Day! 

Do you have any siblings and how many? Do you get along with them? Please share.

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM

I have a younger brother. We get along great.

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I have complex siblings

Till I was 15 I was an only child

I then gained 3 older step brothers - the 4 of us get on like a house on fire (all very close in age, actually me and the youngest are the same age) and think of each other as one of 4. They are great, love them no end

I then have an unknown number of other ex-step siblings, No idea who they are, never met them, dont know how many. 

But one ex-step brother is my ward and has lived with me since he was 7/8. Him I love, but not a strict sibling relationship as im his 'parent'

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:56 AM

That's great that you get along. I always wanted a brother. I have 2 sisters. I'm the oldest. The middle one and I have the same parents. The youngest one we have the same Dad different Mom. The middle one and I are 22 months apart and get along great. The youngest is 18 yrs apart from me. She is the same age as my daughter. So we're not close at all.

Quoting goddess99:

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:58 AM

I bet that was hard at first. Going 15 yrs and no siblings and then all of sudden have to start sharing.

Quoting StreetsAhead:

I have complex siblings

I then gained 3 older step brothers - the 4 of us get on like a house on fire (all very close in age, actually me and the youngest are the same age) and think of each other as one of 4. They are great, love them no end

I then have an unknown number of other ex-step siblings, No idea who they are, never met them, dont know how many. 

But one ex-step brother is my ward and has lived with me since he was 7/8. Him I love, but not a strict sibling relationship as im his 'parent'

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I suppose, that is a pretty big age gap.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

That's great that you get along. I always wanted a brother. I have 2 sisters. I'm the oldest. The middle one and I have the same parents. The youngest one we have the same Dad different Mom. The middle one and I are 22 months apart and get along great. The youngest is 18 yrs apart from me. She is the same age as my daughter. So we're not close at all.

Quoting goddess99:

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

We speak on the phone sometimes, but mainly texting.

Quoting goddess99:

I suppose, that is a pretty big age gap.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Quoting goddess99:

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Not really, I had gone to boarding school so was use to sharing. The eldest was in college and actually me and the youngest (who are the same age) shared a room from 16 to 18. 

I guess some parts were but not a lot, I guess I was lucky the 4 of us got on

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I bet that was hard at first. Going 15 yrs and no siblings and then all of sudden have to start sharing.

Quoting StreetsAhead:

I have complex siblings

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:02 PM

That's good that you got along.

Quoting StreetsAhead:

Not really, I had gone to boarding school so was use to sharing. The eldest was in college and actually me and the youngest (who are the same age) shared a room from 16 to 18. 

I guess some parts were but not a lot, I guess I was lucky the 4 of us got on

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Quoting StreetsAhead:

I have complex siblings

Jinx-Troublex3
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:29 PM
None that I care to claim...

I am my moms only child and raised alone except for rare visits.

My step-dad adopted me so I have 3 step-brothers and a step-sister. They get together at my parent's house once or twice a year and ignore me when they do. You would think after 35 years they would get over themselves @@

My bio-dad/sperm donor has two other kids so half-siblings there. I never see them and have only met them a handful of times. Bio-dad assed away 2 yrs ago so doubt I will see them ever again. They live a few states away.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I have four living siblings from my adoptive parents and two biological younger brothers from my birth mom who were adopted with me.

I get along fine with my two younger brothers, love them to death. Other siblings (depends) The oldest daughter not in any way do we get along, she has always been mean to me, gossiping, spreading lies, and just being very childish even after I have attempted to start a new relationship she just won't stop and I am just too grown now so God will have to do a miracle for that relationship to ever be. The other siblings I talk to but I would not say we are close, do not talk to them that often but I have no personal issues with them like I do their sister.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN