Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Tell me your tricks for getting rid of cradle cap.

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:27 PM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this
DD is 3 months today and in the last week or two she has finally started to get it. I thought I would luck out and she just would skip getting it.

I would prefer something natural /gentle over harsh chemicals since it isn't really bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJsMom81507
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

olive oil

BeautyFull
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Wash, wash, wash everyday. No oils.
johnny4ever
3 weeks till school starts!
Today at 7:22 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Baby Oil!!!

Kageegirl
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Head and shoulders. Just go get a travel size bottle. Worked great on my kids. Just put it on and comb out the top of the head then wash it out after a few washings should be gone.
clairewait
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Quoting Kageegirl: Head and shoulders. Just go get a travel size bottle. Worked great on my kids. Just put it on and comb out the top of the head then wash it out after a few washings should be gone.

This exactly.

Usually works within a couple days so I always get the travel sized bottle also.

(Cradle cap is a result of excess oil so adding oil always made it worse for mine.)

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I'm not sure. I thought you could use baby oil but Z never had it so Idk.

Libra113
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:10 AM
My son is 2 months old and has it. Oil made it worse so all I did was put baby shampoo in his head and take the soft baby brush and scrub his whole scalp loosening it up and rinsed sometimes I would do it twice. And it has been fine.
ladyvamp5489
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:12 AM

We used head and shoulders on our son, he had is HORRIBLE as an infant and its what the dr recommended and it worked like a charm!

KREX0914
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:12 AM

I washed her head every day in the bath. If she was outside or getting sweaty I'd wipe her down with a baby wipe between bath times.

annieb863
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My sil told me her pedi rwcommended a 50/50 mixture of unscented lotion, like luberiderm and hydracortison cream. It cleared up my ds baby acne and when he got horrible cradle cap it cleared it up over night. I had tried an expensive all natural OTC cradle cap treatment and it did nothing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)