Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I'm losing my hair..yikes...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hello,

This is my third child, and with each birth i seem to have lost more and more hair. It starts to fall out around the 2 month mark after having baby, and literaly comes out in hand fulls in the shower. My husband is always chasing me trying to pick up all my hair....it does grow back....but still scary nonetheless.

Anyone else have their hair fall out?

Thanks

by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:58 PM

My mom went through this, she was told to eat more protein.

Mirocca
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Makes sense...considering i haven't been eating as much meat...althoug i eat a lot of beans and protein based veggies...but i will now maybe incorporate more protein. thanks

Finally, a website that helps you live the life of your dreams....

www.howtousethelawofattraction.biz

Peace, Love and Success....Because you deserve to live the life of your Dreams!

Bonnie_
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Yes.  The first time  it  happened  I  freaked  out  and went to the doctors.  the corpsmen  who  was  taking  my  vitals  before the exam  asked  me if I had  been exposed to any  high radiation. lol    But  the doctor  I sw   said it  was  normal  for  some  women  to  lose   some  hair  after  having  a baby.    After  3  kids  I'm  not bald... but  I  do  have less hair   than I did  at 22.

Bella-Kiwi
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:21 PM
It's normal! When you're pregnant you don't lose much hair. That's why our hair gets so much thicker during pregnancy. You're just losing all that hair that you would have shed if you weren't pregnant.
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Yes, when I was pregnant with a boy.

But for me, my hair looked AWESOME because it is so thick naturally that thinning it like this made it look amazing.

It all came back.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Oh yeah .... after my first and only pregnancy my hair was never the same again, my hair is now very very thin.  I'm lucky it doesn't show at all until you pull it together  and then you see the whole diameter of the ponytail  is about the size of a dime.

othermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Not that bad. Have you talked to your doctor about it

CampClan
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Yep! Enough to make a wig for a Barbie doll after a week! Didn't really think it started when I had kids but I have noticed it more since baby #5 who is almost 5!
teensrmyworld
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM

yup, lost a ton with both kids.  In my case it was an undiagnosed thyroid problem that is still with me and yes when I get sick, my hair falls out especially in my eyebrows. Might be a good idea to go to the doctor to see about making sure you are ok.

Mirocca
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:54 AM

thanks for your feedback everyone...it has started to slow down a bit...baby is now 4.5 months. I have to say that it is pretty scary...but i also only wash my hair once or twice a week, and do not comb it  in between, so it might look worse that one day  a week in teh shower when handfulls come out...it did grwo back the second time, so i'm hoping it does the same this time ....but if it does persist, i should talk to my doctor...i just do not want to take meds for anything...try to keep it natural.

Finally, a website that helps you live the life of your dreams....

www.howtousethelawofattraction.biz

Peace, Love and Success....Because you deserve to live the life of your Dreams!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN