Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My newborn! Help!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM
  • 15 Replies
She twitches when I burp her! Is it normal? It's her arms and legs that do it. And sometimes she does it randomly like she has jitters. She is considered healthy with no birth defects, illnesses, or delays.
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orchardmoma
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It's normal because they don't have complete control over their nervous system and muscles yet. So some jerks and twitches can be normal

amy585
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM

yes id say its normal. they have litttle control over motor function as new borns

suebee3
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

If it's reallly strong maybe seizures but I think your ok

Quoting orchardmoma:

It's normal because they don't have complete control over their nervous system and muscles yet. So some jerks and twitches can be normal

Mommy_Mae1326
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:55 PM
It just scares me. I have two other kids and they never did this. And my oldest was born at 35 weeks.
SitaStJames
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:00 PM

how many weeks or months old is she? And have you mentioned it to her doctor yet?

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:05 PM

It's probably the startle reflex.  It will settle down when she is a little older.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moro_reflex

Mommy_Mae1326
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:13 PM
She will be two weeks on wednesday. And her appointment is tomorrow.

Quoting SitaStJames:

how many weeks or months old is she? And have you mentioned it to her doctor yet?

Mommy_Mae1326
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:15 PM
It's not like that. It's every time I pat her back. Like pat and she twitches. I pat her again and she twitches. And it's that way with every pat. Randomly when I'm not holding her I will see her shiver. But it's not cold in here. especially not for her.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

It's probably the startle reflex.  It will settle down when she is a little older.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moro_reflex

SitaStJames
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:16 PM

each baby is different. Like another poster said it's probably her startle reflex but if you're really worried or concerned mention it to her doctor.

Quoting Mommy_Mae1326: She will be two weeks on wednesday. And her appointment is tomorrow.
Quoting SitaStJames:

OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My baby did that. A lot. The pedi noticed when he came to see her in the hospital. He said it was normal and that she didn't have control of her nervous system yet.
My older 2 did not do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)