Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

House Party: need ideas for games...

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:17 PM
  • 14 Replies

Okay so I won a House Party sponsored by Burt's Bees baby products.

I'm actually doing a night-time party for moms only (no babies). Everyone gets a few small free samples, but my party pack also contains several really nice full sized items - just not enough for everyone. So I want to make them door prizes or prizes for winning games.

That said, I have no game ideas.

Hit me with some fun ones. (It is a baby theme, but not necessarily a baby shower. All the guests are women with kid age 1 and under.)

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Congrats.I love House Party and have hosted several.Go to the Party page because others give ideas!

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Idk, I've never been to a party like that. Hope someone has some fun ideas for you. Good luck, have fun at your party!

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Oh damn. I was all about to tell you to play Cards Against Humanity.

What has Pinterest told you?

flowerfunleah
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Guess how many jelly beans in the jar game (the person closest wins AND you get to eat jelly beans! but it can also be marshmallows or anything really that fits into a jar.)

Printable word scramble (some idea's here)

Put out a tray of items (hair dryer, pencil, penny, cup, bowl, etc etc) and give your guests a good 3-5 minutes to look at it then take it out of the room. Give them 30 seconds to write down as many items as they can remember, the person who writes the most wins!

Hot potato!

Blocks- Each player takes a plate and places it on their head. Then has to stack the blocks one at a time, balancing on top of their head. The one with the most blocks or blocks stacked at all wins!

Hanky Panky - you will need one small tissue box for each player. That's all the supplies you need. Everyone has a minute. One hand holds the box the other hand has to pull out as many tissues from the box as possible. Rapid Fire. It's really funny to watch and their are tissues everywhere at the end!

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:59 PM

head bandz - (home made version) it is an excellent ice breaker as well. 

• Take sticky labels and write movie titles  
  • If this is a baby thing, think of movies that the main cast or caracter or titles are babies, toddlers or young children related  i.e. Look who's talking, RoseMary's baby, She's having a baby, RugRats the Movie, Daddy Daycare, Kindergarten cop, Mr Nanny, Babe,   etc ...  
  • Stick one label on each person's forehead or upper shoulder. 
  • Each person must ask a question that can only be answered by yes or no. 
  • If the answer is yes, she can keep asking questions, if the answer is no, the person next to her gets to ask the question.
Mrs.Rivera128
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:19 PM

get two sticks either from the brooms or mop a clothing line clothes tie it from one stick to another clothes pins, baby clothes, two baby dolls.

one mom stands at the end of each stick they each get the same amount of clothes pins, a baby doll and baby doll clothes . they each have to hold a baby in one arm, talk on the phone (for fake) and hang up all the clothes in there pile ,take down all the clothes  and put all the pins and clothes in a neat pile on the floor, who ever finishes first is the winner.

Mrs.Rivera128
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:22 PM

another game to play is two players per baby doll a diaper clothes and something to tie there hands.

per team they have to tie one hand with another person and only using the free hand they have to help each other put the diaper on the baby and get the baby dressed what ever team completes the task wins. but remember they can only use there free hand.

FUNNY WATCHING MEN DO THIS GAME

Mrs.Rivera128
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:24 PM

put safety pins in a bowl of raw rice, blind fold the person and they have to pick out as many pins a they can in a minute who ever gets the most pins in a minute wins the game

Mrs.Rivera128
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM

you can get a few jars of baby food have the person blind folded and they have to guess what flavor is that baby food who ever gets the most right wins that game

Mrs.Rivera128
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:27 PM

get a list together of nursery rhymes but leave part of the nursery rhyme out and the girls have to complete them who ever answers the most right wins.

ok i think i over did it,  but hey it will make your party fun

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN