Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Easter in the eyes of my 10 y.o.

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:54 AM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

My daughter is raised completely agnostic, I've NEVER brought religion up, but through her friends and school ethical and culture classes I guess she's learning about religion.  So yesterday DD asked me all about the meaning of Easter.  What exactly are we celebrating ? Why eggs ? why Chocolate? where does the Easter bunny come from ?

So I tell DD the basic story of lent ; why lent and how people in the old days would give each other eggs as gifts when lent was over.  And told her what the story behind lent was how Jesus died and then got ressurected and DD goes :  And he came back as the Easter Bunny ?sidesplittinglaughter

I was laughing so hard and she didn't get why ... in the end I really couldn't explain how it went from a super morbid thing to a bunny leaving gifts and eggs.  I guess it's time to Wiki.

Have your children ever asked ?  how do you explain it ?

by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM

That is pretty funny! My kids haven't asked. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 17, 2014 at 3:34 PM

We're atheist so dd has never asked anything, she just believes in the Easter bunny.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 4:34 PM

My older ones pretty much know....my little one will ask but I just keep explaining from time to time or whenever I'm asked.

chaotic.mind
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:02 PM

lol, that's awesome. Mine haven't asked. 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:14 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:45 PM
My 11 n 2 yr old sons have never asked me or the hubby but I'm sure the oldest knows he is not real.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)