Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Anyone else taking a walk down Menopause lane?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 12:33 PM
  • 31 Replies

I'll be 42 in a month and went to see my doctor today for a blood pregnancy test because I haven't seen my period in a while. So after my negative test result I got, "Let me know if you start having bad hot flashes." Gee Thanks!

hot flash

by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:18 PM

I'm 44 and haven't had that experience yet,but then I had a hysterectomy when I was 32 so I think that helped that part.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Yeah I think that helps too.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I'm 44 and haven't had that experience yet,but then I had a hysterectomy when I was 32 so I think that helped that part.

mom23heathens
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Me... I went 11 months without a period. I knew I wasn't pregnant and I told my doctor I know I'm not pregnant but he still did a blood test. I told him I think I've started going through menopause and then he goes and does a diabetes test, and some other tests and they all came back negative. then he says I don't know what else to tell you. I think doctors can be clueless idiot sometimes.
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Wow 11 months, how old are you?

Quoting mom23heathens: Me... I went 11 months without a period. I knew I wasn't pregnant and I told my doctor I know I'm not pregnant but he still did a blood test. I told him I think I've started going through menopause and then he goes and does a diabetes test, and some other tests and they all came back negative. then he says I don't know what else to tell you. I think doctors can be clueless idiot sometimes.

mom23heathens
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I just turned 45. I have been irregular since I was 42. I went 11 months without one then got them again and was regular for almost 2 years. Then I missed 4 in a row. Now I never know when or if. And they are sometimes very heavy and longer than usual or very light.

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting mom23heathens: Me... I went 11 months without a period. I knew I wasn't pregnant and I told my doctor I know I'm not pregnant but he still did a blood test. I told him I think I've started going through menopause and then he goes and does a diabetes test, and some other tests and they all came back negative. then he says I don't know what else to tell you. I think doctors can be clueless idiot sometimes.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:22 PM

This sounds like what I'm starting to go through now. Thank you for sharing your information.

Quoting mom23heathens: I just turned 45. I have been irregular since I was 42. I went 11 months without one then got them again and was regular for almost 2 years. Then I missed 4 in a row. Now I never know when or if. And they are sometimes very heavy and longer than usual or very light.
Quoting goddess99:

CandyMoon
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:02 AM

I have been having irregular periods for about 3 yrs. now. Never know when I will have one. Sometimes I will go like three months without one and then have a really heavy period for 3 or 4 weeks. It's miserable. I'm 48 btw.

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:07 AM

My periods are right on the money, but sometimes they are really heavy and some times almost not at all, just a little spotting.

However, I do get bad night sweats some times, like soaking the bed and have sweat pooled in my belly button. =/

I am 44.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I am pre-menopausal

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Oh no, you mean a period that doesn't end for a few weeks. Oh god I don't want that =/ lol *sigh!

Quoting CandyMoon:

I have been having irregular periods for about 3 yrs. now. Never know when I will have one. Sometimes I will go like three months without one and then have a really heavy period for 3 or 4 weeks. It's miserable. I'm 48 btw.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN