Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I just had my son 2 weeks ago and I decided to breast feed and I dont like to use the bottle because I feel like I will bond a little better the other way. Well I am like the only one out of all my friends who has children. We all want to have a girls night tomorrow and I told them I might have to bring my son Kaleb since I am breastfeeding and they all think I should just pump and leave him at home for just a couple of hours and I don't really want to do that. I feel like they don't understand me and I feel so different then them. They still like to go dancing and drinking and have fun. I try so hard to hang out with them when I can and just because I just had a baby and I have another child I am not allowed to bring them. They told me I should either leave him at home with my husband or not come because they don't want to hear him cry alot and its just a girls night out. It's funny to think who is your real friends at the end of the day. I guess I am at a different place than them. But its very upsetting to hear them say that to me. I am sorry but I had to vent. :(

by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Replies (11-12):
Roo1234
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:08 PM
I can't imagine taking a newborn out for "ladies night out". Either make the decision to stay home, or nurse just before you leave and return within two hours and accept that for a while you just canny be away any longer.

There will be other opportunities to go out, so saying no right now isn't the end of ensuring either.
jupiter5
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:11 PM
I have a newborn and I agree with your friends, but my baby is amazing at breastfeeding and my nutritionalist said even as much as 2-3 bottles of expressed milk every day is fine as long as you keep pumping, which I do every day anyway ( I only do a bottle like 3 x a week so I can get stuff done baby free and have fun :) I have gone out like 4 times in the month she has been alive :)) it's important you feel comfortable though or you won't have any fun anyway.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)