Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

New mom already expecting #2

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 6:47 AM
  • 10 Replies
I joined to get some advice and feedback from other moms with kids close in age. I have a daughter who is almost 6 months old and my fiance and I just found out we are expecting again. We were using protection and had an indecent and now here we are. He is very excited and optimistic but as the stay at home mom I can't help but feel overwhelmed! Any other moms have any good advice or words of encouragement? I really just would like feedback from moms who can relate!
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
Beautiful day!
Today at 8:35 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Congrats!If I  had 2 kids I would have them close together.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Mine are not that close together so I have no advice. Just wanted to say congratulations! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof4kids257
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Congrads! I had 3 in a row under 5 at one time the best advice I can give you is do what works for you.  I had 3 playpens,2 double strollers,wagon,2 tricycles and a  playhouse inside the playroom. My kids were happy and content and we went on a whole lotta walks because we didn't have a car. we would enjoy nature and you don't know what your missing until  you see it thru your childs eyes.

annieb863
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:46 AM
I'm in the exact same boat you are!! My son is almost a year and in currently 27 weeks pregnant with ds2. Congrats!! My main concern is how ds1 is going to handle the new baby.
tayyyshae
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Thanks everyone! I am excited my daughter will be so close in age with her little brother or sister because I always wished I had that growing up. Its nice to have a place to go and have other people who can relate!
Mom2five87
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:10 PM
My youngest is 10 months and Im 25 weeks pregnant with twins. Congrats :)
MrsNewman
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:12 PM
I have 4 back to back. It's really not that hard. Once you get into a routine it'll be fine. Plus they always have a playmate :)
oliveoil423
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Congrates to you.

Im expecting number two also with my husband. My daughter will be two after her new sibling comes. My daughter is still clingly to me and my husband cause she can sences that the new baby is breaking the force.

Good luck.
dotsicle
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

My 1st and 2nd were 16 months apart. I was a very young parent, minimal help from their father, but I don't recall ever thinking that it was difficult except on holidays. Just go with the flow and enjoy the kids. The thing that did make it hard was having #3. Three kids age 4 and under is a bit much, LOL. Now they are grown and get along better than they did when they were little.... at least they don't hit each other with hard objects, LOL!

Bonnie_
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I had  two  kids  close in age like that.  Trust  me..  It's not as hard as you think.   Congrats!good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)