Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What do you do to take care of yourself when you don't feel well?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM
  • 19 Replies

When do you call the doctor? Do you give yourself the same care you give your kids when they are sick?

by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:36 PM

No although I do try to sleep away whatever ails me! I take Tylenol or Advil & go to work if I have to.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM

I don't go to the doctor if I'm sick unless I have strep throat. I take my dd if it's bad but she's amost 12 so she usually doesn't want to go either.

EmptyNestMama
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:28 AM

I usually am pretty healthy and have not been to the doctor in awhile!

My kid is different though. When he gets sick he gets really weak! But can usually get through it.

~Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

DNewman
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I usually let things go around the house, relax sleep take meds if needed. Always have some Chicken bouillion in the house for a hot cup of broth lol!

JenHoward
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I let myself rest, sip on chicken noodle soup, take a hot bath and watch a favorite movie....And don't feel guilty! :)

LancesMom
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM

If I am feeling bad I need to figure out if its something simple or an issue from something else. So I usually see the Doctor, if I don't start showing improvement quickly!

My son is healthy as a horse. But when he was little had issues with Asthma, so if he got sick we usually went right in.

LDavis33
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I rarely go to the doctor.  Other than injuries and checkups I can't remember the last time I was there for myself.  I usually try to rest (try, being the operative word with a 4 year old and a 1 1/2 year old).  Sometimes I trick the kids into thinking it is later than it is so that we can all go to bed a bit earlier.  

And hot toddies.  I swear by them and I always make sure to keep some whiskey on hand for that very reason.  A hot toddy, a hot bath and a warm bed and I wake up feeling 95% better.

Monsita
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:01 AM
I take some tylenol and keep on moving! Lol

I do ask my kids to help around with extra work....
And I do let them know "I am dealing with a bad cold, or headache...."
bamababe1975
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I seldom call the doctor, even for my kids, since most things go away within 24hrs. And, no, I don't take the same care with myself as I do with my kids - they're kids, so they get to stop and rest when they're ill, but I'm the mom so I have no such luxury.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I take some tylenol and try to sit down some.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN