Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does your LO's have chores?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:11 PM
  • 18 Replies

Does your child/children have chores? My kids clean their rooms and help clean up but they are getting to the age where I want to teach them about making and spending money and I have thought about giving them the option to do other chores for money. If they do chores how old are they and what chores do they do??

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Brett's mommy- March 26th, 2008
Brynna's mommy- December 9th, 2009
Surrobaby- Due July 16th, 2014

http://myjourneyfortheirmiracle.blogspot.com/

by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:00 PM

We do chores and responsibilities.

General care for yourself and your belongings are responsibilites. Things like  setting and clearing the table and helping with groceries (shopping, uloading car, putting away) are also responsibiliites everyone eats as a family - everyone helps.

Chores are things I pay for the kids to do ecause I believe they are my jobas a SAHM. this includes housework (load/unload the dishwasher, vacuuming, dusting, sweep/mop, etc) and caring for my dog because she is my working/trainig partner. she is not just a fmily pet. the kids each have thte potential of earning $1 a day by doing their chores. however, if I have to remind you to do them, then you don't get paid. (My youngest is 11yo so they are all older and in the habit but still forget or don't pay attention.

If they have special things theywant to save for, we let them do things like wash the car or extra chores for more $ above and beyond their $1 a day.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Yep.He takes care of Vacuuming upstairs and recycling.

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:01 AM

DD is 8 and her only chores are to clean her room, put her dirty clothes in the hamper, brush her teeth morning and night, and to do her home work.  Basically she just has to take care of herself and her own belongings.  I do help her with these things. 

Sometimes she offers to sweep the floors or unload the dishwasher for me and I pay her for doing those kinds of things.  Usually a dollar for each job.

MandaMom23
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM

My son is 4.  He doesnt have an assigned chore but he helps me clean up, put laundry away and he likes to feed the dog.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 7:19 PM
None of the things in your first paragraph are chores. Those are basic responsibilities any kid should have and not be paid for. Those are just life!

Quoting BonitaM:

DD is 8 and her only chores are to clean her room, put her dirty clothes in the hamper, brush her teeth morning and night, and to do her home work.  Basically she just has to take care of herself and her own belongings.  I do help her with these things.  Sometimes she offers to sweep the floors or unload the dishwasher for me and I pay her for doing those kinds of things.  Usually a dollar for each job.

Samann818
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 7:28 PM

My son is five...he keeps his room clean, every morning he has to make his bed and every night he has to pick up his room....he helps me dust, he also washes dishes....you know if it's a couple of cups and some spoons...nothing crazy also he earnes money by helping my husband do yardwork...

LDavis33
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:43 AM

My son is 4.  He has to pick up after himself, help me clean up dog poop and feed the dogs.  He's also expected to help out with other things when I ask him (like helping load the dishwasher, helping his sister (1 1/2) clean up her toys, sort laundry etc.)

poshkat
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Ds is 7. He cLeans his room, folds and puts away his clothes, picks up after himself, brigs all the dirty dishes from around the house to the kitchen sink, and probably other small things i'm completly forgetting
dockyswifey
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:55 AM
DS is 6.

He has to feed the dogs twice a day.

Make his own bed.

Keep his room and play room clean.

Help with his baby sister. (Keep her entertained while I clean the house)

Pick up dog poop in the backyard.

Fold towels and match socks.

Set the table for dinner.

Separate dirty clothes.

Help weed the garden.

Help with yard work.
dockyswifey
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:56 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has their DS clean up dog poop.

Quoting LDavis33:

My son is 4.  He has to pick up after himself, help me clean up dog poop and feed the dogs.  He's also expected to help out with other things when I ask him (like helping load the dishwasher, helping his sister (1 1/2) clean up her toys, sort laundry etc.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)