Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What's Your Toughest Thing?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:55 AM
  • 17 Replies

I am just curious, as I am a SAHM, right now what's your toughest thing to give up in the mornings to get your day started?

Mine is working on my novel and listening to my tunes through my headset. I would love to have all day to just focus on my novel, but I know I can't.

Duties call!

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Nothing really.I now work part time anywhere between 9-3 in our school system.My son is 10 so some morning I want to pull my hair out since he has had the same routine since August!

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:55 AM

sleep ?   I'm a working mom but last year I made the decision to put DD is a private school specialized for Children with learning dissabilities (my DD is dyslexic)  it's so much better for her, but the school is not exactly next door - bus picks DD up at 6h42am evey day - so I get up with DD every morning at 6am -  I work 2 miles from home so I could easily get up at 8h20am and still make it to work on time for 9am if I wanted to.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:54 AM

being online and self time

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM

me time would be a close 2nd.  I get ABOSLUTELY NO me time.  The closest I come to me time is getting my acrylic refilled once a month (nails) and this has become more of a chore than me time, whenever I go, it's usually between 2 errands and I'm constantly watching the clock so I can bolt out of there.

libsterdoodle
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:53 PM

As a SAHM of 3 kids the only thing that I really miss is sleep!!!!!!!  I miss it so badly!!!  My two older kids are 9 & 7 and we are pretty routine oriented, they have a set time that they do everything.  Since my youngest, now 7 months old, was born we have worked her into our daily routine pretty well.  I am always on the go, I try to get all my chores and errand running and grocery shopping done while my older two kids are in school, as well as getting to the gym....  So yeah, lack of sleep is the only thing that really make my life tough!!!

celestegood
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:43 AM
Honestly, sleep is a big issue. I often have to give it up so I can accomplish things, and the kids hinder that-so I get up early. Or stay up late. And don't get my zzzz's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clairewait
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:37 AM

My first thought was coffee.

I haven't given it up though.

I'm not sure there is anything I've completely given up in the name of motherhood.

Ricksmama
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM
That's awesome on the novel,what do you write about and I agree lack of sleep is top of my list
Noelle40
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:22 PM
I like to write adult romances. I try to take my reader back to a good old fashioned courtship.

LOL. Been working on a series involving six women who were adopted into a royal family and became princesses. Kind of individual stories.

I am about to start my 4th rewrite into my current novel in the hopes my characters finally click. LoL.

For now, it's a hobby, but I hope to be published some day. Watch my journals, I try to place clips from my novels there for anyone to read.

My series probably sounds corny, but I don't care. I enjoy it and I guess that's all that matters.

Quoting Ricksmama: That's awesome on the novel,what do you write about and I agree lack of sleep is top of my list
Ricksmama
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:44 PM
i love to read so no it's not corny
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)