Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Name advice

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:43 PM
  • 5 Replies
Okay so dh and I originally were going to name our dd2 Suzie Lynn. We then switched it to Maggie Sue. Background my dh's Mind name is Susan goes by Sue. My mom's name is Margie Lynn. Obviously Suzie Lynn is directly after both. Maggie was my grandma's name and then partially for my mom. Now I am wondering if I should change it back to Suzie Lynn. So confused. What do you guys think. Maggie Sue or Suzie Lynn?
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Personally I think Suzie and Maggie are "little kid" like. This kid is going to grow up into adulthood one day and might like to have a grown up name.

ambergem
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:36 PM

I think either are fine.  I do agree that you want a name that transcends into adulthood, but I can see a woman using the name Suzie or Maggie.  I think they're almost so close, that it should be a personal choice.  I like Suzie Lynn.  Maggie Sue reminds me of the song "Peggy Sue".  Not that it's a bad thing.  You could sing it to her with "Maggie" inserted for "Peggy."  : )

If you knew Peggy Sue
Then youd know why I feel blue
Without Peggy, my Peggy Sue
Oh well, I love you gal, yes, I love you Peggy Sue

Read more: Buddy Holly - Peggy Sue Lyrics | MetroLyrics 

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally could care less what others think of my kids name.We named our son after both sides of the family,Daniel Blair.If he were a girl he would of been Catherine Elizabeth.I love the older style names.Alot better than naming your child ..say ...apple!lol

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:58 PM

If you are not sure by the time the baby arrives  than come up with a name of your babies own. lol. Make a list and see which ones grow on you

celestegood
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:46 AM
Honestly, you can do Susanne and call your kiddo Suzie. Or Margaret, And call her Maggie. Sue can be the middle name for both. And when she grows up, she has an adult name that looks good on a resume.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)