Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

my son and fianc─Ť are having issues

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:14 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok so I have a 7 year old son whom I admit can be a handful at times... it just seems that my fianc─Ť and him butt heads constantly. And just tonight my son told me . " I wish he would just leave already". Which broke my heart. Yes my DF and I argue sometimes. And we both work. Yet I try to give my son enough attention. But it just seems to aggravate my DF. How can I get the 2 of them to love and like each other ? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I guess I should tell you that I was in an abusive marriage prior to this engagement and my son , daughters and I were abused by my ex. I moved my kids and I out of there 3 years ago almost. Ever since it doesnt matter what man I have been with mind you there were only 3 that I introduced to the kids my son hasn't liked any of them. I love my DF and my son and don't want to have to choose to leave my df for my sons sake
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 5:36 AM
Counseling? Idk, good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booaura
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 5:38 AM
3 men in 3 years? That's quite a few. How long have you guys been together? How do your daughters feel about him? If he's 7, he's a kid. It's up to your fiance to be the adult and get along with him. That doesn't mean your son can be a total brat, but again, he's a kid, this is a huge adjustment for him. Ask him what he doesn't like, if he's worried about anything. Maybe counseling could help.
daniemarie84
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:22 AM
I never said that I slept with them only that I introduced my kids to them.two of them are awesome friends of mine and the other one is my fianc├ę. My daughters love him to death.

Quoting booaura: 3 men in 3 years? That's quite a few. How long have you guys been together? How do your daughters feel about him? If he's 7, he's a kid. It's up to your fiance to be the adult and get along with him. That doesn't mean your son can be a total brat, but again, he's a kid, this is a huge adjustment for him. Ask him what he doesn't like, if he's worried about anything. Maybe counseling could help.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Counseling for sure.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Do they have any common interests? Maybe they could do something together, go to a baseball game, etc...

SpiritFortress
Oh, Southern Comfort, you are delightful. Ôś║
Yesterday at 8:50 PM
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:46 PM

I would try counseling. I don't know the dynamics between your fiance and your son but would say to make sure your fiance does not argue with your son about anything. I think if he takes a patient step back and allows you to parent your son (again, I don't know what they butt heads about) your son will not be engaging in a competition or battle of wills with your fiance. Your fiance will need a lot of patience. He'll also need to realize he is not your son's father and stepping in and laying down the law creates bad feelings between children and step parents all the time. I think the right counselor could get them communicating more effectively. 

celestegood
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I was wondering this! Maybe they just need to bond.

Quoting goddess99:

Do they have any common interests? Maybe they could do something together, go to a baseball game, etc...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)