Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Haunted places

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM
  • 5 Replies

I know we all love haunted places and ghost stories. Tell me yours.

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ricksmama
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM
I am like crazy for scary places an scary movies. I'm like wanting to go to neworleans an stay the night at there hotel
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Ok here's one from me ; so I'm on a trip in Louisiana with a LONG time friend of mine.  And well visiting a plantation was high on my list so we are driving from Baton Rouge to New Orleans and we see a sign for one.  So we decide to just go.  It's an old sugar plantation and we arrive at the last minute a tour group had just started, they tell us to just tag along.  So my friend and I are on the house's front porch and the guide explains about the house, owners and what not - she says there has been some activity in the house but nothing to be afraid of. 

*I've been told by MANY many mediums, claivoyants that I have a BIG presence and that I am very surrounded  that when I walk in a room I disturb the "energy" and although it's not a bad thing, it affects the general aura of the house or whatever. 

So the whole group walks in, one at a time, and then the minute my friend and I cross the threshold there's a huge "BANG" from the second floor.  Even the guide got freaked out, she called someone on her radio and they went to check it out, a painting of the original owner of the house had flown off the wall, nail, wire in the back of the painting and wall were intact. No logical explanation for what had just happened. She said "Oh she probably wanted to let her presence known."  Then I walked in the master bedroom and there was this unbelievable stench yet nobody else reacted, I was practically dry heaving ; I looked at my friend who looked at me wide eyed, every one else was "OOhing and Aahing" at the house, I couldn't get out of that room fast enough. And then I noticed that just like me,  my friend had both hands in her pockets.   The rest of the tour went okay but when the tour was over we walked out of the house we looked at each other and burst into laughter.  I had no idea she felt things too until that day, it's just something we never talked about before.  She sees things, I feel things, but we both did in unison.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Bump
Sexymom22
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:29 PM

I actually have quite a few stories and weird things that have happened to me since childhood. But I will tell this one. I went to this abandoned house one time with my ex and his mom. I can feel presences and I felt some their right away. When we went into the house I felt like I was being watched, we were in one of the rooms, and my ex and his mom walked out in front of me, and when I started to walk out the door to the room swung back and almost slammed in my face! It swung with that much force! I reacted very quickly and reached up before it shut and flung it back open as hard as I could. Its weird though, because even though that happened I still wasn't bothered or scared. Like I said weird stuff has been happening to me since childhood, so I was just used to it. Well we left the house and went outside and my ex wanted to explore the grounds, and the barn (his mom went back to the car she was scared) I was going to go with him but as we got closer to the barn I got this very overwhelming sense of fear, it was so weird because usually that stuff doesn't bother me, or if I do get an intimidating presence I am able to stand up to it and tell it to back off, but whatever this was it almost felt evil, I got the sense that it wasn't human. And I had to go, I told my ex I couldn't go over there, and I immediately turned and walked back to the car. To this day I can't explain the feeling I had, and the best description I have is just that it felt non human and evil.

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM

I grew up being raised by my mom and grandparents. I was very close to my grandparents. My grandfather was diagnosed with cancer and was dying. He was in the hospital when he died. I saw him the night he died in my dream telling me goodbye and that he loved me. After that we had the tv in the living room that he would always watch really late at night would go on and off by itself. We would turn it off for bed and he would turn it back on. We'd tell him that it was bedtime to turn it off please and it would go back off all on it's own. This lasted until my grandmother passed 6 years later. Since my grandmother passed I don't see papa that much in my dreams but when someone close to me is pregnant I see my grandmother in my dreams. She doesn't say or do anything but is just there. But the person that is pregnant is in the dream too. That is how I found out my stepdaughter was pregnant. I had a dream of her the age she is now and my grandmother (she was 3 when my grandmother died).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)