Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is it appropriate to have your child...

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:26 PM
  • 15 Replies
... stay home with you for Take Your Child to Work Day if you are a SAHM?! My daughter has been looking forward to going to work with my husband, this year is the first year she can because you have to be 9. Well, my husband forgot to sign her up & it is tomorrow. She is heartbroken, I thought I could surprise her & have her stay home to see what my "job" is like while they are gone all day at school & my husband doesn't think it is appropriate. I'm curious what you think?
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I think it's ok. Maybe your dh just doesn't realize what you do all day. lol

luvmybug
by Amanda on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:56 PM
It's totally appropriate. What's his deal???
libsterdoodle
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this

He seems to think that the school won't see that worthy of a missed day!  You don't want to hear my reply to him insinuating that what I do all day is not worthy of being considered work!!!!  I told him that there is a lot that she can do with me!  She can help with everything I do all day long.  She can help make breakfast, empty the dishwasher, wipe down the table, sweep the floor, do the dishes, sort the laundry, run errands with me, tidy up the house, entertain the baby, feed the baby her lunch, clean up those dishes!!  There is a ton to do and the school day only lasts 6 hours!!!!

Quoting luvmybug: It's totally appropriate. What's his deal???

m.garcia21
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:53 PM
It sounds like a great idea
SpiritFortress
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I think it's fine. 

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm, food for thought, YOU would not have forgotten to sign her up, so seems your job requires a bit more responsibility?

I think as long as you " go on with your day" and explain why( just like an outside job) it is being done, consequences it isn't.

I'd take her to lunch for an hour like her dad would've and just make sure she shadows/helps you at work.

Guess I'm saying , go for it'
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:06 AM

I think it would be good for her to go to work with dad. My daughter sees what i do all day long when on the weekends and summer vacation. It doesn't change.But there is nothing wrong with her staying home with mom to help out. 

celestegood
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:43 AM
I would totally have her shadow you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:40 AM

He needs to call the school and tell them he forgot.  Some other time she could stay home with you.

libsterdoodle
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:44 AM

The school doesn't care that he forgot, it is his work that he forgot to sign her up for.  He can't take her to work with him if he didn't sign her up by the deadline!!

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

He needs to call the school and tell them he forgot.  Some other time she could stay home with you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN