Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Share-what's a typical day like for you?

Posted by   + Show Post
From staying at home, to working, to working at home-all moms have it hard! Share what a typical day is like for you. Are you happy, or do you wish you could live your life differently?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 6:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
Josie_P
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I wake up whenever my kids wake me up, usually around 7. Feed them. Bring them to my MIL's house at 9.30 am. I work from 10-5 (or 6, depends). We eat dinner with my MIL and family at around 7.30, let the kids play for 30 more minutes, come home, bathe them, story time, say a prayer for daddy, then they are asleep by 9.30. I go to sleep around 1am.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 24, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Wake up.. nurse the baby. Hopefully fall back asleep for a short amount of time. Wake up when SO gets home around 5-6am. Talk to him for a bit then hope to fall back asleep. Wake up & nurse the baby again. Get DS up for school at 8 & on the bus. Usually by that time DD is up for the day. Feed her breakfast & find something to do to keep her busy. Then I feel like the rest of my day consists of attempting to clean, nursing, feeding DD, and entertaining them both. DS gets home around 4. Help him with homework & make dinner. We all eat as a family then SO leaves for work. At that point I just try to survive the night until bedtime lol. I'm not adjusting so well to having a toddler and baby in the house. I don't have a real "schedule" at this point. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:27 PM

all out the door for school process
eat and do what I need to for myself and other tasks
homework and dinner
bedtime and then it starts all over again.

WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I wake up around 6:30 each morning and get myself and my daughter ready for work/daycare. We leave the house at 7:45-7:50. I drop her off and am at work by 8ish most mornings. I work at an elementary school as a financial secretary. I leave work around 4:30-5 everyday. During the week when we get home, I am getting ready for the next day. Getting our clothes ready, getting dinner, bath if it's a bath night. I get to relax around 6ish. At work my day is never the same. The weekends we generally sleep in and just relax. My dad and step mom come up every week or every other weekend to visit my daughter. My husband leaves for work at 4 am each morning. He usually gets home around 6pm. That's why I try to have stuff done by then so we can relax together with and without baby. She goes o sleep between 7-7:30.

leeshuh
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:39 PM

5:30-wake up, start getting ready

6:00-wake kids (boys-5 and 2) up and get them ready

6:45-leave to drop boys at daycare and go to work as a secretary at a small office

12:00-LUNCH! yay =)

4:30-Leave work and get kids from daycare

The evening is different depending on the day of the week.  Mon-Tues we have the evening off so I cook dinner, feed the family, and clean a little. My husband will either play with the kids or clean while I cook. By the time dinner is cleaned up it's usually bed time, or maybe there will be time for a show. Wednesdays we rush to soccer and I stop to make sandwiches SUPER FAST before we go. After soccer everybody watches a show and then we go to bed. Thursday and Friday my husband gets the boys from daycare and I have to be to my second job (waiting tables) by 5:00. If I'm closing, which generally I am, I will be off by 11:15 on Thursday and a little after midnight on Friday.

Saturday and Sunday I don't work unless I pick up a shift at the restaurant (which I only do if we are super broke). Usually we do laundry, clean, and PLAY!

EDIT to actually answer your question-lol

I am very happy to be married to the love of my life and have two wonderful boys. We are blessed to have enough money for all of our needs, but I wish there were a little more for our wants. Mostly I dream of being a SAHM someday. I absolutely HATE missing out on so much of my kids lives. To be completely honest, I wish we  had waited to have kids until my husband could earn enough for me to stay home. I really want to have another baby but that isn't a possibility until I can be a SAHM because daycare is just too expensive, plus I don't think I could go through leaving an infant to go to work again.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I'm a SAHM. My day consists of taking children to school, playing with children, cleaning, cooking, laundry, reading, cafemom (lol), errands, and spending time with my family. I never get bored and I'm amazed by how many things I do in a day and how I never run out of things to do.

fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:38 AM

I get up,go to the bathroom,have 2-3 cups of coffee,read my e-mail & get dd up for school. After she leaves for school I usually shower & dress for work,then I get the bus for work. I usually check in with receptionist when I get to work see what she or any co-workers have for me to do,I do any & all jobs given from computer driven work to answering phones to looking at contracts. Then I come home usually about 3 pm change out of my work clothes & into sweats,greet my dd home from school,answer more e-mails that have accrued while I was away at work,if Molly's friends come over I go upstairs to her room to watch tv for a few hours. Then about 6 pm I start getting dinner together which we eat together at the coffee table in the living room. Sometimes one or two of her friends keep us company while we eat. Then when they leave I either leaveMolly to her own devices or go to bed.

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Wake up at 3:15am or 4:15am depending on when DH decides to startwork.  Make him breakfast and coffee.  Go back to bed.
Wake up at 6:50am make DD breakfast, pick out her clothes, pack her backpack and take her to school. 
From 8am to 9:30am is breakfast and cafemom, facebook, pinterest,  emails, news and weather.
9:30 is sweeping, vaccuuming, making DD's bed and general tidying up
11:30 I make DD's lunch and bring it to her at school
12:15 I eat lunch and hop back on the computer for a bit
1pm I tak Shadow (the dog) for a walk and feed him
2pm finish whatever I didn't get done in the morning or come back on the computer
3pm pick DD up from school, make a snack and chat with her for a bit
4pm start dinner
5pm eat
6pm relax with the fam
7pm help DD with homework and get her showered and ready for bed
8pm Do the dishes
8:30pmDD goes to bed and as soon as she falls asleep I go cuddle with DH or more ;)
10pm DH usually falls asleep and I come on the computer til around midnight and then go to sleep too

Since I'm home alone every day all day there's really not too much cleaning up to do.  So I do have a lot of freetime for my hobbies.  Most days of the week DD has a friend over.  Laundry is my favorite chore so I save it for days I'm more blue than others and do it while I'm eating or running errands.  I'm fairly content with how things are but I do miss socializing. 

I don't have any friends here so it does get boring and I easily slip into a depression because of it.  I need to be constantly stimulated and I don't get that being alone all day long.  Soon I'll be going to work again and I know that part will get better but then I'll also have much less time with DD and DH and less energy for my hobbies.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I'm a  SAH, homeschooling Mom. I walk dogs 4-6 days a week depending on weather and Dr apts, etc.

So typically I get up at 8 am

get dressed and wake the kids as I go to walk the dogs from 8:30-9:45

Get home and eat and start the kids on school work.  I do housework or Scout stuff, or read while they do work and help with their lessons as needed. We are usually done with school around 2 pm.

We have diffferent classses, sports and Church and scout events each afternoon or evening.

Shelly126
by Michele on Apr. 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM
It depends on the day, my mom is off Monday, Tuesday & Wednesdays so those are the days I do most of my errands, shopping and running around, it's much easier with her help since my boys aren't in school yet. On those mornings I wake up when the boys wake up, between 7:30-7:45, DH usually leaves the house by about 7:50 (@ least we get to kiss him goodbye) then I make breakfast, have some coffee, mom comes over (she lives only a few blocks away) and we are out the door. Shopping, errands, park, etc...we get home usually by 1 and have lunch, the boys take a nap and we tidy up, sit and chat. The boys wake up, we take them outside for a while, I make dinner, some nights mom stays for dinner some nights she goes home or to my grandmas or out with a friend to dinner. DH comes in around 6:30, we eat dinner together as a family, DH and the boys play together while I clean up the kitchen and then I bathe them and put them to sleep. DH & I hang out for a while, watch tv and by about 11:00pm we go to sleep.
On the days my mom works, Thursdays and Fridays, I pretty much do my heavy cleaning, dusting, moping, scrubbing so our mornings are slower paced. When we wake up I make breakfast and we linger a little, they play and I have an extra cup or 2 of coffee while I check emails, CM & FB, then instead of errands I usually bring them to the park or to play in the backyard, we have a play date or I take them to Gymboree or kiddie city. Then lunch, nap and our usual evening routine.
I love my life, I worked for many years before DH and I were married and before we had children. I did the hustle bustle of commuting to the city for work and then drove a short distance to a new job when we moved to the suburbs. When we decided to have children and especially when we found out we were having twins, I knew I wanted to be home with them and I am so grateful we are blessed enough to have me stay home and still live such an amazing and comfortable lifestyle. I wouldn't change anything for the world.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)