Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's Chat: What's On YOUR Mind?

Good FRIDAY Morning!

What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Do you have any weekend plans?

Let's Chat!

TGIF

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Replies (131-140):
Meg2011425
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Good afternoon. Just got back from taking my son for his ADHD med adjustment and to check on his appointment for his neuro psych eval. The place that did his last one won't respond to any of my calls. I'm guessing there too busy. So looks like she's referring him to another one that will get it done sooner. He's also being started on the Daytrana Patch during school to help him maintain his attention. LOL! I hope it works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Do you take anything? My doctor put me on Allegra, before it was over the counter. I still take it most days, seems to help a bit.

Quoting DanaG70:

Good morning!! 

Allergies are on my mind today!! I had a sneezing fit this morning and I just got my nose to stop running. It's going to be a bad season, I can tell.

As for this weekend, the normal bowling practice tonight. I do believe we'll be tagging stuff for the yard sale next week, also, we will be finishing up the shopping for Keeley's trip to NYC!! We finished prom shopping on Tuesday.

(and spell check really needs to add Keeley to the list.) lol

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Hope your dd feels better soon!

Quoting lkane81: Today not much ydd is sick and I'm still getting over being sick finally feeling much better tho. I CAN BREATHE! This weekend I think we are going to do com spring yard clean up. It'd amazing how you clean the yard before it snows but yet it is so nasty when it all melts and here is crap everywhere. I mean really did the snow drop trash and other things? I hope this weekend we can get the driveway to dry out too. This rain didn't help and I'm still sinking in the mud just walking down it. Major cleaning this weekend. Anyone wanna help or wanna play in the mud?

MamaGabriela
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Hello,  Looking for suggestions and help.   I am trying really hard to help my daughter mend her broken heart.  A boy she dated has broken her heart and she is devastated.  I am devastated watching her go thru this...crying

Larisa72
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Ugh...pollen too high for me today...sneezing all over the place, but the rain that rolled in helped a bit.

My oldest turned 14 this morning (as in 1215am, thankfully he did NOT wake us up for his presents!), I took him to the bank to cash a birthday check from one grandma, there are gifts from one set of grandparents, and...of course....have heard nothing from my mother, which is annoying, but we've come to expect this when she doesn't get her way (told her she couldn't stay here because a-we have no extra sleep space, b-hell no, she wasn't kicking my daughter out of her bed on a school night and making her sleep on the floor, and c-she doesn't respect our rules or schedule and gets upset  because our regular daily life activities interrupt her sleep)......so, chances are pretty high that she won't call her oldest grandchild on his birthday, and if that's the case, she'll be getting a "f-you letter" from me in the near future (she was ALL about my son for 3+ years until his little sister was born, now she won't even bother spending time with him unless it's on HER schedule...yeah, right, children with autism can't function like that, and my son has given up because he's gotten tired of her saying she'd "be right there" and 20 minutes later is still sitting and reading a book while smoking....that's another reason why she's not welcome here)....anyway............took him over to a car dealership where a friend works so he could ask all the questions that he forgot to ask when I had my Jeep in for work....he has changed his mind on what he wants for a first car....from a Dodge Dart Aero to a Spark....because of the sales price and the gas mileage...keep in mind, he's only JUST 14....lol....and that was pretty much my day....dinner in the crock pot, will make mashed potatoes after I get my daughter from school so that we can eat as soon as DH gets home, then DS can open presents and DD and I can scoot out the door for a Girl Scout meeting.....gah

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:13 PM

party  Hope she has a wonderful party!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Morning. We have our daughter's sweet sixteen party tomorrow.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Good Afternoon.I just finished up at work and I am watching General Hospital..nail biter Friday!

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:44 PM

It is so cold and rainy.I think I need a hot shower & hot cocoa!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Oh! My friend posted the first one on FB the other day. OMG, that looks so intense but something I would enjoy. Thanks for the links to these.

Quoting BrighteyedAsh:

The one above is the one that got me interested, then I did my own workout to a cardio track of the same song and did a couple of other songs from this site. I LOVE a good beat. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

That sounds great. Do you have links to the videos you were working out too? I love workouts like that and I could use something to get me moving too.

Oh, I hope your friends jaw drops to the floor!!

Quoting BrighteyedAsh: Just got done doing some cardio dancing to some redone tracks on YouTube. The kind of tracks that put you in the mood. Especially since my working-out-of town 'friend' will be back in a month. Got a jaw I'm looking to drop. Not that my figure is terrible, but a better one will be nice...especially with bathing suit season approaching as well!

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I only nursed my oldest until I went back to work at 6 weeks. I didn't even try to nurse my middle since I had such a horrible experience with my first. The pedi pushed formula so hard & made me feel like a terrible mother & that something was wrong with me. I wish I had at least tried with her. :/   So I am basically a total idiot when it comes to nursing & have no experience. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Ack, poor sweet girl. You are going to have to figure out a way to keep her from biting you when you are nursing. Did your others bite while they nursed?

Quoting splatz: Yes, I think it must be her teeth because that is the only thing that calms her down. She's been pouring drool and chewing on everything she can. Including me while I am nursing.. ouch! I'm afraid for her to get teeth now. I ordered an amber teething necklace last night. It can't hurt at this point.
Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Oh my poor girl. It does sound like teething but really weird for a first tooth. D was the same way though. He got his teeth all out of order.

Have you tried Baby Orajel to soothe her?

Quoting splatz: Sitting here trying to figure out what is wrong with the baby. She has been super fussy and not sleeping well this week. I was feeling her gums last night and she has a lump where her top right lateral incisor will be. Seems like a weird spot to get a first tooth? I'm guessing it will go back down. Just wish it would hurry up. She's only napping maybe 20 minutes at a time and up fussing over and over all night. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN