Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's Chat: What's On YOUR Mind?

Good FRIDAY Morning!

What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Do you have any weekend plans?

Let's Chat!

TGIF

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Replies (141-150):
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Its an event for Guiness World Records for the most cloth diapers changed at once. People from all over the globe participate. Its supposed to promote the use of cloth diapers during earth week. Last year I think there were like 8,000 babies changed or something like that?

http://greatclothdiaperchange.com/

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Okay what is the Great Cloth Diaper Exchange? My kids are way older so I have no idea what that is.

D went to the zoo yesterday with his class. It rained during the morning so they lost about 2 hours of time they were supposed to be there, so we may be going on Sunday as a family.

Quoting splatz: Oh, forgot my weekend plans. Tomorrow is the Great Cloth Diaper Change. Looking forward to it. Hopefully we can beat the current world record. :) The rest of the weekend I am hoping to get some cleaning done. Maybe a trip to the zoo depending on the weather.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Ouch! That sounds absolutely miserable. So they are thinking you will have long term effects from the injury? 

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

Not Easter Sunday but the Sunday before we where running late to get to Tombstone.  I had to use the bathroom so after gassing up my husband swung back by the house and I ran in, and then ran back out.  I tripped on an old table cloth that was on the floor of the garage and flew into our bikes.  I have a boxers fracher in my left hand. my ring finger doesn't work right and is making my life difficult.  I can't put my hair up myself and even washing my hair is a pain, latterly.  Changing diapers are an adventure.  Pretty much anything where there is no getting around using both hands.  Well, it could have be my right hand I guess. 

Quoting splatz: I've been missing all the chats lately. What happened?
Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

Hey guys, well remember that long story I told about the Sunday we whent to Tombstone?   Well finally got to the doctor yesterday and it's broken.  There's nothing that can be dune about it.  I'm pretty much F,ed for six months maybe the rest of my life.  It's never going to be the same again.

cat 

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM

LOL... well that just sounds like all kinds of fun. 

Quoting DanaG70:

I don't know, she just didn't like anything I suggested... She kept going toward the funky shoes, I was trying to keep her on track as to why we were there, to get her dress shoes. Not funky looking everyday shoes. lol

Some times I feel like I'm shopping for a  5 year old again... only in a larger body. lol

Quoting splatz: Ugh. Girls are so scary. Why did I have two of them again? lol But yay for finding shoes! What was she wanting that she was being so stubborn about?

skylosmommy2012
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:39 PM
I guess the only thing on my mind is my 21st birthday in 5 days. I'm a little upset that my family won't even come see me:( worst birthday ever...
BrighteyedAsh
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Yea. I know it's gonna take me some time to learn it and how to roll that smooth but I figure practice will make perfect. Then I can get in better shape AND have better move. I want to get in good enough shape to do the splits again too. I don't think I've done the splits for a good 8 years. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Oh! My friend posted the first one on FB the other day. OMG, that looks so intense but something I would enjoy. Thanks for the links to these.

Quoting BrighteyedAsh:

The one above is the one that got me interested, then I did my own workout to a cardio track of the same song and did a couple of other songs from this site. I LOVE a good beat. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

That sounds great. Do you have links to the videos you were working out too? I love workouts like that and I could use something to get me moving too.

Oh, I hope your friends jaw drops to the floor!!

Quoting BrighteyedAsh: Just got done doing some cardio dancing to some redone tracks on YouTube. The kind of tracks that put you in the mood. Especially since my working-out-of town 'friend' will be back in a month. Got a jaw I'm looking to drop. Not that my figure is terrible, but a better one will be nice...especially with bathing suit season approaching as well!

Monsita
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Wow!
Thanks for letting me know.

I am glad it worked out for you.

I guess that sometimes you have to do whatever works!

Quoting cdandria:

The going with out anything I did as well yrs. ago.. as soon as I put one on my daughter, she wet herself..lol So I had a streaker in the house.. lol  it seemed to work.. lol  She wouldn't potty train and was old enough so I stripped her down and let her go.. She seemed to do it better that way..

Quoting Monsita: Best of luck!

Lets us know if it woks for you.

By the way, this is the first time I hear of letting a child run without any protection there....to get potty trainning done!

Quoting Tazzgirl21: I have tried a sticker chart, candy, putting him on the potty every hour and it wasn't working. So hopefully letting him run around with no undies or diaper will work.

Quoting Monsita: Lets us know what woks for you!

What have you try sofar?
Just curious.

Quoting Tazzgirl21: I heard it is harder, I just hope this works. I have tried everything.

Quoting Monsita: Well, you are about to find out, it is much harder of what it looks like!!

What works for some parents, does not work for others.
What helps a kid to want to do it, does not work for another.

One of the reasons, we all want to hear from others mom's is precisally for that, to see if it worked for her, maybe it would work for us...it is worth the try!!! Lol

Quoting Tazzgirl21: Thanks. I have been asking everyone for advice on it lol. I will let you know.

Quoting Monsita: Best of luck!
Let us know how it goes and what works for you?
We all can learn something from your experience!

Quoting Tazzgirl21: Trying to get my 2 year old potty trained, and I am trying it with no diaper or undies on today and he went potty 2 times already this morning, hopefully it will stay this way! :)

Quoting Monsita: I am learning about it, lol

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Oh MC is drama filled. It is the "entertainment capital' of CafeMom...haha

We are very friendly and fun here, nothing like MC.

Quoting Monsita: Not so boring here at CafeMom, though.

I am finding out, Mom Confessions is a place for real drama, lol

Quoting mom23heathens: My husband just left for Louisiana. He'll be gone all day. Not much planned today. Or tomorrow either. I live a boring life!

mom23heathens
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Well he's usually gone all day for work anyway just not out or state. He works 6 days a week and leaves at 7a and isn't home until after 9p or later. He isn't an idle man. He has a side job on his day off to but he works at home and usually only a few hours. I sometimes feel I live alone.

Quoting Monsita: How do you handle it, when your husband is gone?
What do you do to keep busy and not to miss him like crazy?

Quoting mom23heathens: Yes it is!

Quoting mom23heathens: My husband just left for Louisiana. He'll be gone all day. Not much planned today. Or tomorrow either. I live a boring life!
mom23heathens
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Yes. He goes out of town everyday just not out of state.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Did your husband go on business?

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:15 PM

He said that's just the way it is with this kind of brake.  They can't set it or anything so the knuckle is in there never to be seen again and that I just need to work on it to get the proper strength and moment back.  It's going to be at lest 6 months.  :p it sucks all around.   The worst part is that even thow it wouldn't have changed anything and it was my choice, I know my family are going to be all pissed at my husband for not talking me to the ER and waiting so long to go to the doctor.  Oh and we have to move next month.

Quoting splatz:

Ouch! That sounds absolutely miserable. So they are thinking you will have long term effects from the injury? 

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

Not Easter Sunday but the Sunday before we where running late to get to Tombstone.  I had to use the bathroom so after gassing up my husband swung back by the house and I ran in, and then ran back out.  I tripped on an old table cloth that was on the floor of the garage and flew into our bikes.  I have a boxers fracher in my left hand. my ring finger doesn't work right and is making my life difficult.  I can't put my hair up myself and even washing my hair is a pain, latterly.  Changing diapers are an adventure.  Pretty much anything where there is no getting around using both hands.  Well, it could have be my right hand I guess. 

Quoting splatz: I've been missing all the chats lately. What happened?
Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

Hey guys, well remember that long story I told about the Sunday we whent to Tombstone?   Well finally got to the doctor yesterday and it's broken.  There's nothing that can be dune about it.  I'm pretty much F,ed for six months maybe the rest of my life.  It's never going to be the same again.

cat 

Monsita
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Wow!
6 days a week with a side job on his only day off!!
I do not know how you handle it?
I would be going crazy that he is not around a little more, lol

Quoting mom23heathens: Well he's usually gone all day for work anyway just not out or state. He works 6 days a week and leaves at 7a and isn't home until after 9p or later. He isn't an idle man. He has a side job on his day off to but he works at home and usually only a few hours. I sometimes feel I live alone.

Quoting Monsita: How do you handle it, when your husband is gone?
What do you do to keep busy and not to miss him like crazy?

Quoting mom23heathens: Yes it is!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN