Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's Chat: What's On YOUR Mind?

Good FRIDAY Morning!

What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Do you have any weekend plans?

Let's Chat!

TGIF

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Replies (41-50):
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I would complain too! But I am mean, I'm not sure that I would go. At one he won't know the difference and will probably be overwhelmed with all the people there anyways.

Quoting my4kids274:

It is going to be a long day.  We are driving up for the day.  The party is 4 hours long and I do not know how long we will be there for.  The only reason we are even going is due to him being my only nephew and this being his first birthday.  I already told my brother that we will not be making the trip again next year.  That may sound cruel but oh well.  The only reason it is being done up there is because my SIL wanted all of her friends there.  : /

My brother wanted us to stay up there for the weekend but we do not have the money for that and the kids have their lacrosse games on Sunday.  I know I am complaining. 

Quoting splatz: Wow! That is a long trip for a party. Are you planning to spend the day there?

Quoting my4kids274:

Good morning.

My allergies are kicking my butt right now.  I need to inspire myself to get up and go and take a shower and go out and run errands that need to be done. 

We are traveling up to Philly tomorrow for my nephews first birthday party.  Honestly though I am not looking forward to the 3 hour trip up and 3 hours trip back tomorrow. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Did your husband go on business?

Quoting mom23heathens: My husband just left for Louisiana. He'll be gone all day. Not much planned today. Or tomorrow either. I live a boring life!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Oh no! After 12 years they decided to get married on Saturday. What are you going to do? Do your kids have picture make up days?

Quoting dommad2: I am currently contemplating quitting. Lol. Our schedules are always packed once winter is over and I generally thrive on the insanity however yesterday my FIL pushed me over the edge. Saturday both kids have their dance pictures. Madelynn at 1:15 and Domenick at 4. Dh told me a few days ago that he had to work but that wasn't a big deal. Work always comes first. Last night (as in Thursday night) FIL calls to let me know that he and his fiancée (of the last 12 years) are finally getting married!! SATURDAY!!!! At noon. It's a private thing and they aren't telling anyone else so I can't even vent IRL but I'm soo freaking stressed now!

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Rio 2 was really cute! I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it so much considering it was a sequel and a kids movie. Sometimes I just sort of glaze over during kids movies lol.

I'm going to be a part of a Guinness World Record event tomorrow with my youngest. My best mom friend and I are taking our kids. It sounds like it will be a really fun experience.

Quoting Mznaye: No LOL. I am thinking about going see Rio 2 but I may wait a little while longer. Do you have plans

Quoting splatz: Hope your day goes quick. Do you have any fun plans this weekend?

Quoting Mznaye: Good morning. I am at work until 430 today. I am ready for the weekend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monsita
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM
I know exactly what you are talking about.

My 10 years old has been dealing with something like that for 4 weeks already!

Hugs.

I know sleeping is not near deep, when you feel lack of oxygen....

Quoting lkane81: Oh it is nice to breathe again. I can't sleep when I'm .si stuffed up cuz I feel like I'm suffocating. So I finally got some sleep last nite between waking up to give ydd some tylenol.

Quoting Monsita: It is really nice to BREATHE all over again, lol

Seriously though, I know the feeling!

I am glad you are feeling better!

Quoting lkane81: Today not much ydd is sick and I'm still getting over being sick finally feeling much better tho. I CAN BREATHE!
This weekend I think we are going to do com spring yard clean up. It'd amazing how you clean the yard before it snows but yet it is so nasty when it all melts and here is crap everywhere. I mean really did the snow drop trash and other things?
I hope this weekend we can get the driveway to dry out too. This rain didn't help and I'm still sinking in the mud just walking down it.
Major cleaning this weekend. Anyone wanna help or wanna play in the mud?
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Oh geez. So you guys are going to be running around like crazy trying to get there in time. Are your kids sad about having to miss dance pictures now?

Quoting dommad2: Well last month they said they were finally going to do it but the plan was October. Thankfully there is no help needed but DH still HAS to go to work in the morning and we have to be in a different town at 1:15

Quoting splatz: Whoa! What made them finally decide to get married? Are they wanting you to do a bunch to help?

Quoting dommad2: I am currently contemplating quitting. Lol. Our schedules are always packed once winter is over and I generally thrive on the insanity however yesterday my FIL pushed me over the edge.

Saturday both kids have their dance pictures. Madelynn at 1:15 and Domenick at 4. Dh told me a few days ago that he had to work but that wasn't a big deal. Work always comes first.

Last night (as in Thursday night) FIL calls to let me know that he and his fiancée (of the last 12 years) are finally getting married!! SATURDAY!!!! At noon. It's a private thing and they aren't telling anyone else so I can't even vent IRL but I'm soo freaking stressed now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaroldsMom
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Good morning every one it's a raining day today but that's okay I will get a lot more done. I am going to be very busy today, I have so much laundry to do. I have been out of laundry soap for 2 weeks now. I am going to make some this time it will last longer. Then I have to take the dog to the vet tomorrow, and then on Sunday I will be walking for the March Of Dimes (for moms who've premature babies) and to top it off I still need to be a wife and a mom and study for my GED test LOL. My life is not boring life is so good juggling

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Ugh. Girls are so scary. Why did I have two of them again? lol
But yay for finding shoes! What was she wanting that she was being so stubborn about?

Quoting DanaG70:

Prom shopping went pretty good, UNTIL it came to buying shoes! Oh. My. God!! She can be down right stubborn when she wants to be! Which set me off, I had to leave the store before the sales clerks thought I was mad! That child of mine, I swear!

However, we did find a pair that we both agreed on, at a different store, plus she found a pair of boots she liked as well... 

Quoting splatz: Boo for allergies! I think with the super long winter its going to be a bad year for everyone. Mine have been bad too. :(

How was prom shopping?

Quoting DanaG70:

Good morning!! 

Allergies are on my mind today!! I had a sneezing fit this morning and I just got my nose to stop running. It's going to be a bad season, I can tell.

As for this weekend, the normal bowling practice tonight. I do believe we'll be tagging stuff for the yard sale next week, also, we will be finishing up the shopping for Keeley's trip to NYC!! We finished prom shopping on Tuesday.

(and spell check really needs to add Keeley to the list.) lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Oh my poor girl. It does sound like teething but really weird for a first tooth. D was the same way though. He got his teeth all out of order.

Have you tried Baby Orajel to soothe her?

Quoting splatz: Sitting here trying to figure out what is wrong with the baby. She has been super fussy and not sleeping well this week. I was feeling her gums last night and she has a lump where her top right lateral incisor will be. Seems like a weird spot to get a first tooth? I'm guessing it will go back down. Just wish it would hurry up. She's only napping maybe 20 minutes at a time and up fussing over and over all night. :(

Monsita
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:31 AM
So sorry!

Hugs.

I do not know the story, but really sorry!

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

Hey guys, well remember that long story I told about the Sunday we whent to Tombstone?   Well finally got to the doctor yesterday and it's broken.  There's nothing that can be dune about it.  I'm pretty much F,ed for six months maybe the rest of my life.  It's never going to be the same again.

cat 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN