Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
My oven isn't working right now. So can you help me find some good crock pot/ microwave recipes. I used my oven a lot. So tell me your favorite meals from the crock pot or microwave or even the stove top. Thanks.
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Replies (11-17):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I do a lot in the crock pot and on the stove top. 

One of my favorite things to do in the crock pot is enchilada or carnitas filling ... probably not authentic mexican at all but it works and it's good. 

Chicken + 1 can cream of chicken + 1 chopped onion (cook and drain excess liquid) then add 1 can green chilis + 1 cup cheese whiz, some shredded cheese.  Warm up the tortillas in the microwave or on the stove top roll up & serve.

For carnitas - I put a whole chunk of pork + 1 can of beer + 1 chopped onion and fresh cilantro let it slow cook all day ; drain shred the pork and serve.  Everybody can make their own "fajitas style".

Ribs work out awesome in the crock pot as well - cut ribs (I do in sets of 3) dump a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce and let simmer all day.  Fall off the bone !  it's the best way I found to do ribs (and trust me I tried everything grill, oven, boil+BBQ )

mkjmommy
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
One of my go to dishes. And my kids love it!!

Zesty Chicken and Pasta

(283)
Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 25 min
Makes: 6 servings, 1 cup each
What You Need
1 pkg. (8 oz.) fusilli pasta, uncooked
1/2 cup KRAFT Lite House Italian Dressing, divided
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cups small broccoli florets
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
Make It
Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 min. or until done. Add vegetables and parsley; cook 5 min. or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture and remaining dressing. Top with cheese.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 5:57 AM
Love this! Thanks for the ideas, ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for this. It is easy and fast. I'm going to try it for the family.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Quick Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients

1 1/2
cups milk
cup frozen green peas and carrots
cup cut-up cooked chicken
can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup
cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/3
cup milk
Paprika, if desired

Directions

• 1 Heat 1 1/2 cups milk, the peas and carrots, chicken and soup to boiling in 3-quart saucepan, stirring frequently.
  • 2 Stir Bisquick mix and 1/3 cup milk until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 8 spoonfuls onto chicken mixture (do not drop directly into liquid). Sprinkle with paprika.
  • 3 Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.

Expert Tips

Serve this home-style dish with a bagged ready-to-eat salad from the produce section.

You can use 1 cup of your favorite frozen vegetable combination instead of the peas and carrots.

For tender dumplings, don’t overmix the dough. Mix just until moistened.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Who would have known. I'm going to try this! Thanks!

Quoting splatz:

Monday, May 7, 2012

Baked Potatoes...who knew?

My friend sent me a link to baked potatoes in the crock.  I thought that was neat but why would I ever do that when I could just stick them in the oven?  I came across the answer to that question last week on Captain's birthday.  Now, he is a steak and potato type of guy and for his birthday (which was on a work day) he wanted baked potatoes.  I was trying to figure out how I could do this when I was working and would not be home until 30 minutes before dinner.  Of course I could have microwaved the potatoes but they NEVER taste good that way.  I remembered this and it turned out wonderful!  The potatoes were evenly cooked and moist.  Perfecto!wash potatoes, poke a few fork holes in potato, wrap in foil, put in crock on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.   

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 5:19 PM

We have a crock pot group on here. Search for it on the top right of your page.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
They cook perfectly! So much better than running the oven and heating up the whole house.

Quoting Janet:

Who would have known. I'm going to try this! Thanks!

Quoting splatz:

Monday, May 7, 2012

Baked Potatoes...who knew?

My friend sent me a link to baked potatoes in the crock.  I thought that was neat but why would I ever do that when I could just stick them in the oven?  I came across the answer to that question last week on Captain's birthday.  Now, he is a steak and potato type of guy and for his birthday (which was on a work day) he wanted baked potatoes.  I was trying to figure out how I could do this when I was working and would not be home until 30 minutes before dinner.  Of course I could have microwaved the potatoes but they NEVER taste good that way.  I remembered this and it turned out wonderful!  The potatoes were evenly cooked and moist.  Perfecto!wash potatoes, poke a few fork holes in potato, wrap in foil, put in crock on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN