Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What did you do with your time before you had kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Someone mentioned this in another group & I thought it would make a fun post. I swear I feel like I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off most days. So... what did you spend your time doing? 

by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
JessiFaye
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 12:05 PM

We went to a lot of sporting events, spent pretty much every weekend going out to lunch/dinner and shopping. We also traveled a lot. It was a lot of fun, but I don't really miss it too much. I'm glad we had that time together, though. We were married for 5.5 years before we had our son.

GarysGirl85
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 12:13 PM
((((Hugs))))) I am sorry to hear that your daughter is ill.

Quoting Janet:

That's nice you and your DH are able to do all that. I been raising grandchildren. Taking care of a chronically ill DD ( whom just gave birth to a baby) Taking care of my mother. It never ends....

Quoting GarysGirl85: I was 19 when I became a mom so before I became a mom I was just a kid who did kid stuff. I got married at 18 and became a mom 10 1/2 months later and had 4 kids by 25. They are now 22, 23, 26 & 27 and I am enjoying the kid free years now. My husband and I (married almost 29 years) travel, go out whenever we want & just hang out and it is pretty relaxing. The hectic years of raising our family are behind us.

withsecond
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I was 18 when I had my oldest so I was partying and sleeping all day. Having my son was actually a good thing because it straightened me up.

Bonnie_
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Active duty  Navy

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Way to go mama! 

Quoting booaura: Yup. I got my GED at 16, and went to college. I'm an RN, so nursing.
Quoting splatz:

Wow a bachelors degree that young is very impressive! What was your major? 

Quoting booaura: School, mostly. I became a mom at 20, and I'd just graduated with my bachelors degree.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I bet that was/is a really rewarding field to work in.

Quoting awesomemommy2: I was an ESD/ESY teacher special ed teacher. Got my maters at night. Then I started doing seminars and classes at a local hospital at night and after a few years I was asked to sit on a hospital board. Did some consulting for the county board of youth and family services. Now I am back to work at the director of special services in a neighboring town.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:10 PM

How neat! I miss the days of being able to read. Its been two weeks and I am only half way through my book lol . 

Quoting AbelsMommy01: I used to do so much cool stuff. I did competitive roping in the rodeo. I went hiking. I used to read a whole book in one night. I cooked for fun because it wasn't a necessity :)

Senile-felines
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Wow, so many years ago... I worked weekdays. Drank, partied on the weekends. I certainly don't regret it and I certainly don't miss it.
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:11 PM

I was like 17 1/2 and in my senior year. So that was pretty much what I did too. Other than volunteering several days a week and working full time. 

Quoting juniors.mommy: I literally got prego maybe a week after I turned 17... so school and hanging out wIth friends /boyfriend...

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I couldn't roller blade to save my life. haha 

Quoting funny_girl3: School, I had my oldest when I was 21. I worked full time, and on weekends my husband and I hung out with friends--played cards or went out. We used to roller blade (isn't that crazy, I havent seen anyone do that in YEARS).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN