Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What did you do with your time before you had kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Someone mentioned this in another group & I thought it would make a fun post. I swear I feel like I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off most days. So... what did you spend your time doing? 

by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
diaperstodating
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:14 PM
School.
I was almost 19 when I had my first son.
diaperstodating
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Hugs

Quoting Janet:

That's nice you and your DH are able to do all that. I been raising grandchildren. Taking care of a chronically ill DD ( whom just gave birth to a baby) Taking care of my mother. It never ends....

Quoting GarysGirl85: I was 19 when I became a mom so before I became a mom I was just a kid who did kid stuff. I got married at 18 and became a mom 10 1/2 months later and had 4 kids by 25. They are now 22, 23, 26 & 27 and I am enjoying the kid free years now. My husband and I (married almost 29 years) travel, go out whenever we want & just hang out and it is pretty relaxing. The hectic years of raising our family are behind us.

ElleLuvsOrchids
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:27 PM

I was a serial entrepreneur.  I read, attended workshops and lectures, networked, taught workshops and gave lectures, worked out often, dined out often and so much more.  And I would trade in all again in the blink of an eye to have my DD.  I'll have time for hobbies, socializing and entrepreneurship again when my DD goes to school.  Until then, I'm loving being her mom.

lcplaygroupie
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:33 PM
I have no idea. Not really I went to school, worked, drank a lot, traveled.
drsdolphin
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I was working on my Associates and Bachelors degree.  I took a year off because my son was preemie and had some health issues then I went back and finished and graduated once things improved. 

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Eek! Baby is here! I must have missed the post. Congrats grandma!

Quoting Janet:

That's nice you and your DH are able to do all that. I been raising grandchildren. Taking care of a chronically ill DD ( whom just gave birth to a baby) Taking care of my mother. It never ends....

Quoting GarysGirl85: I was 19 when I became a mom so before I became a mom I was just a kid who did kid stuff. I got married at 18 and became a mom 10 1/2 months later and had 4 kids by 25. They are now 22, 23, 26 & 27 and I am enjoying the kid free years now. My husband and I (married almost 29 years) travel, go out whenever we want & just hang out and it is pretty relaxing. The hectic years of raising our family are behind us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Awesome that you went back. It can be so hard with kids. What is your degree in?

Quoting drsdolphin:

I was working on my Associates and Bachelors degree.  I took a year off because my son was preemie and had some health issues then I went back and finished and graduated once things improved. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel the same way about having kids. :)

Quoting ElleLuvsOrchids:

I was a serial entrepreneur.  I read, attended workshops and lectures, networked, taught workshops and gave lectures, worked out often, dined out often and so much more.  And I would trade in all again in the blink of an eye to have my DD.  I'll have time for hobbies, socializing and entrepreneurship again when my DD goes to school.  Until then, I'm loving being her mom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:30 AM

School. I had my daughter on my 18th b-day.

ragdoll7777
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Partied like crazy lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN