Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What did you do with your time before you had kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Someone mentioned this in another group & I thought it would make a fun post. I swear I feel like I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off most days. So... what did you spend your time doing? 

by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
copugowner
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:38 AM

When I was single, I worked long hours. Spent my earnings eating out and on clothes.   Education was completed in my 20s.

drsdolphin
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting splatz: Awesome that you went back. It can be so hard with kids. What is your degree in?
Quoting drsdolphin:

I was working on my Associates and Bachelors degree.  I took a year off because my son was preemie and had some health issues then I went back and finished and graduated once things improved. 

I got my Associates degree in medical assisting and my Bachelors in health services administration.

frankiesma530
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Wasted time doing things I had no business doing or otherwise just loafed around.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:34 AM

wow ... I sure did a lot more relaxing.  I was a lot more focused on work / my carreer too.  I had hobbies, I did lots of entertaining / time with friends, went on holidays, vacations, weekend getaways.

oliveoil423
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM

working and hanging out with friends going to the movies and staying up all night at there or my house. but i cant  imagine my life with out my kids cause i would never have met my husband and his family.

Mom2Kyle03
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I adopted ds at 31. I worked 2 jobs, worked out and dh and I traveled alot before ds came along. We had a lot of fun. We still traveled with ds until he was in school and then life got busy. He is now 11 an I pretty much work and go to scouts and get him where he needs to be and stuff now.

MSJAP2010
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Worked multiple jobs. I became a mom just before I turned 21
funny_girl3
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:50 PM

I wouldn't do it anymore either--I'd probably break a hip or something.  I'm in my early 30s but my doctor acts like I've got one foot in the grave.  I'm starting to believe that I'm old and feeble.

Quoting splatz:

I couldn't roller blade to save my life. haha 

Quoting funny_girl3: School, I had my oldest when I was 21. I worked full time, and on weekends my husband and I hung out with friends--played cards or went out. We used to roller blade (isn't that crazy, I havent seen anyone do that in YEARS).

Kageegirl
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:59 PM
I worked part time and went to school part time. When I wasn't doing either of those I bowled on a league, tried my hand at pool and tennis and went out with friends.
Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Before having kids, I slept late, I hung out a lot, I shopped for myself a lot and I ate a lot of fast foods. All of that changed since becoming a mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN